Form 80 question confusion

Liamshikari

Hey guys,

main filling out my form 80, one part has completely confused me and I don't want the reason I get rejected being that I filled out crucial paperwork wrong.

if anyone is familiar with question 28, firstly asks am I applying for a temp visa (I select no as its 801/820 while 801 is temp, 820 is permenant).

I then get to question 34 am I currently in Australia,

i select yes, and it asks type of visa/reason/name used/place of issue/arrival date.

Currently on a bridging visa, partner is reason, my name, what would be the place of issue as it was online?

Question 35 asks about previous visa (have you been to Aus before) I was on a working holiday visa initially, but it also asks for departure date (I haven't left due to 801/820) so I'm TOTALLY confused.

i would really appreciate help on this one as I don't want my stupidity being the reason I'm rejected.

thanks guys

Hey guys,

main filling out my form 80, one part has completely confused me and I don't want the reason I get rejected being that I filled out crucial paperwork wrong.

if anyone is familiar with question 28, firstly asks am I applying for a temp visa (I select no as its 801/820 while 801 is temp, 820 is permenant).

I then get to question 34 am I currently in Australia,

i select yes, and it asks type of visa/reason/name used/place of issue/arrival date.

Currently on a bridging visa, partner is reason, my name, what would be the place of issue as it was online?

Question 35 asks about previous visa (have you been to Aus before) I was on a working holiday visa initially, but it also asks for departure date (I haven't left due to 801/820) so I'm TOTALLY confused.

i would really appreciate help on this one as I don't want my stupidity being the reason I'm rejected.

thanks guys

Place of issue - Online or Australia, its not crucial

Departure date -well you don't have one if you are still hare so put ongoing or still here, or bridging visa, something to that effect. They aren't trying to trip you up, just be as honest as you can!

I agree with Nemesis' post above as I had a similar moment while filling out the form 80.

For the place of visa issue part, I put online if it was an online application, and also put the name of the seaport or airport that I arrived into. For example Online/Fremantle

But looking back it wasn't crucial as nemesis says, and they are definitely not trying to catch you out.

There's nothing like the visa process to make you second (and third, and fourth) guess every single thing. I put "online" when asked about previous (ETA) visas. I'd leave the departure date blank if you haven't departed.

As Captain C said, they're not trying to catch you out.

Archived