Proving work experience

JoanneV

Hi,

My husband is a joiner and has recently made made redundant as the company he worked for went into liquidation. He has worked for them for the past 4 years.

As a requirement for Vetassess he needs to provide evidence of employment, work experience etc for the last 5 years. How do I do this?

I hope someone can clarify this.

Hi,

My husband is a joiner and has recently made made redundant as the company he worked for went into liquidation. He has worked for them for the past 4 years.

As a requirement for Vetassess he needs to provide evidence of employment, work experience etc for the last 5 years. How do I do this?

I hope someone can clarify this.

To get past VETASSESS with a general occupation, applicants mostly a year of 'highly relevant' employment in the past 5, more for trades and satisfactory evidence of all relevant employment for an 'opinion' about points.

The information you seek is probably on the obstacle course - the VETASSESS website.

He has evidence going back further than 5 years for previous employment but for the past 4 he worked for a company who no long exist. He does have P45, payslips etc but would be unable to obtain any sort of reference

surely if he has payslips and p45 that will be plenty!

• 4 weeks later...

You don't have to actually provide a reference for Vetassess. I did a statutory declaration as I didn't want work to know of my plans. I also sent wage slips, P60's,Job description and employment contract. If you have these I don't see you having an issue....I didn't

Good luck

• 5 years later...

If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar

On 01/02/2016 at 18:58, cjenky said:

You don't have to actually provide a reference for Vetassess. I did a statutory declaration as I didn't want work to know of my plans. I also sent wage slips, P60's,Job description and employment contract. If you have these I don't see you having an issue....I didn't

Good luck

You can also get a statement from a colleague (or previous boss) just saying that he was working there and the company is now closed - so if he is still in contact with anyone from there, this coupled with P45 and yearly P60 would be more than enough to prove the employment