de facto?

glitters73

Hi there, Can anyone offer advice.........My wife and I are looking to move over from UK to Aussi in the near future. My wife will be a qualified nurse this year and I will qualify as an OT next year. I have aussi citizenship and an aussi passport , will my wife need a defacto visa or skilled worker?

Thanks Nicole

Hi there, Can anyone offer advice.........My wife and I are looking to move over from UK to Aussi in the near future. My wife will be a qualified nurse this year and I will qualify as an OT next year. I have aussi citizenship and an aussi passport , will my wife need a defacto visa or skilled worker?

Thanks Nicole

If you're an Aussie citizen and you have evidence that you've lived together in a committed relationship for more than 12 months - then the easiest thing is to apply for the partner visa.

If you haven't been together that long then she would have to try for a skilled visa in her own right.

On a side note - if you're not already, I'd suggest looking into whether you can claim British citizenship as well, in case you ever want to return to the UK in the future. It's very difficult for a Brit to get their partner back into the UK, the financial hurdles can be scarey.

We have lived together about three years now and are both uk citizens, I got my aussi citizenship a few yrs ago though as I was born there, but havnt been back over yet. I just looked at defacto visa its soooo expensive!

Similar circumstances to us, my hubby is Australian as he was born there, but grew up in UK mostly. I'm app!ying for the 820 partner visa. We have two kids but we got their Aussie citizenship back in 2012 when we first emigrated (ping pong pom and all that) lol. Good luck with it all x

We have lived together about three years now and are both uk citizens, I got my aussi citizenship a few yrs ago though as I was born there, but havnt been back over yet. I just looked at defacto visa its soooo expensive!

It's the partner visa. If you are married then you are not defacto ;-)

Archived