Question2 about form 1195 identity declaration - Australian citizenship application

lindajyyu

Hi all,

I have another question about this form again. It says

--

PHOTOGRAPH

The endorsed photograph of the applicant must be attached to this

page without obscuring the image. It can also be placed in a plastic

sleeve and stapled to this page.

If applying for citizenship online, the front and back of the endorsed

photograph must also be separately scanned and attached to the

applicant’s online application.

The photograph IS NOT TO BE SIGNED BY THE APPLICANT

The person who has completed the Identity declaration must also

endorse the photograph. See Photograph requirements on page 1

-----------------------

We are applying online. Should we attach the photo (front and back) to the form when scanning it and submit it?

thank you again

Edited by lindajyyu

Hi all,

I have another question about this form again. It says

--

PHOTOGRAPH

The endorsed photograph of the applicant must be attached to this

page without obscuring the image. It can also be placed in a plastic

sleeve and stapled to this page.

If applying for citizenship online, the front and back of the endorsed

photograph must also be separately scanned and attached to the

applicant’s online application.

The photograph IS NOT TO BE SIGNED BY THE APPLICANT

The person who has completed the Identity declaration must also

endorse the photograph. See Photograph requirements on page 1

-----------------------

We are applying online. Should we attach the photo (front and back) to the form when scanning it and submit it?

thank you again

That's what I did, just sellotaped it to the form, showing front picture and also the rear signed bit, then scanned. When you go in for your test you hand in the hard copies. My tip is: use new photos. I just used ones from when I had my passport done, but at the test stage they picked that up and I had to re do the whole form!!

Please don't sellotape as this won't be accepted when applying online! That would give you trouble.

In case you sellotape the photo to your application it will still remain 'incomplete' as you must upload the front of the photo separately, the endorsed back separately + the form as well. So 3 attachments for that alone otherwise you won't receive a progress status from 'required' to 'received'.

There is a guide available from immiaccount of how to attach everything when applying online 'How to attach documents to a citizenship application'.

You may consider to hand in a paper application.

Please don't sellotape as this won't be accepted when applying online! That would give you trouble.

In case you sellotape the photo to your application it will still remain 'incomplete' as you must upload the front of the photo separately, the endorsed back separately + the form as well. So 3 attachments for that alone otherwise you won't receive a progress status from 'required' to 'received'.

There is a guide available from immiaccount of how to attach everything when applying online 'How to attach documents to a citizenship application'.

You may consider to hand in a paper application.

Dont know if you've done a citizenship application, but I am about to go for my ceremony so have literally just experienced this. The form has space for TWO photos. In one of them, you put the face side of the photo, in the other, you put the reverse side of ANOTHER photo, with a signature. The form is specifically designed to be uploaded in this way. Then when you go for your test, you hand them the original of the form, Sellotape and all!!

I'v copied the short cut from the official site. I hope that works as it clearly states that the form is not designed to attach photos:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=how+to+attach+documents+to+a+citizenship+application&rls=com.microsoft:en-AU:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=&gfe_rd=cr&ei=50GOVu35M8HN8AfrmLP4Bw&gws_rd=ssl#

Look on the form!! It says "if applying for citizenship online, pages 3&4 of this form must be scanned and attached to your online application." Page 3 specifically has the photograph section on.

i have just done it and it was all approved fine!

Hi Isabelj, how did you proceed with your application? Because I read the online lodgement automatically populates some kind of 'check list' where you have to 'action' and provide supporting evidence described and outlined by DIBP and when you don't do the whole lot subdivided into 3 pieces how were you be able to submit? How were you be able to click 'submit'? Would be interesting to know for me as I haven't done it but I will certainly stick to the outlined rules by immigov.

Did you apply before 15th of April 2015? Then it was different of course.

Edited by silencio

Look on the form!! It says "if applying for citizenship online, pages 3&4 of this form must be scanned and attached to your online application." Page 3 specifically has the photograph section on.

i have just done it and it was all approved fine!

Of course pages 3 & 4 must be scanned and attached but without the photo and without the endorsed back as one document. This must be attached separately, read page 6 of the guide.

Happy to hear that you were fine with your application but nowadays they make a fuss of how to attach docs.