Where to live

Travelsnake

Hi all

We are in final stages of getting a 190 visa for NSW and are looking at where might be best to live as we don't particularly want to live in Sydney. Newcastle and surrounding area has caught our eye but any other thoughts are welcome. Neither I or my wife have a job lined up so pretty flexible. I am an Accountant and she is a UK qualified Optometrist and we have 11 and 9 yr old boys.

Any help/ideas gratefully received.

Cheers

Richard

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi all

We are in final stages of getting a 190 visa for NSW and are looking at where might be best to live as we don't particularly want to live in Sydney. Newcastle and surrounding area has caught our eye but any other thoughts are welcome. Neither I or my wife have a job lined up so pretty flexible. I am an Accountant and she is a UK qualified Optometrist and we have 11 and 9 yr old boys.

Any help/ideas gratefully received.

Cheers

Richard

Newcastle is a great choice. Of course, finding work will be more of a challenge than in a big city, but your living costs will be much lower than Sydney and it's a better lifestyle for kids. I would start in Newcastle itself and then base your decisions on where you find work.

Newcastle is a great choice. Of course, finding work will be more of a challenge than in a big city, but your living costs will be much lower than Sydney and it's a better lifestyle for kids. I would start in Newcastle itself and then base your decisions on where you find work.

Thanks that is really helpful

Archived