190 visa lodged in October 2015

abey1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have just submitted my EOI of 190 visa for NSW state nomination (55+5) as software engineer on the 1st of February. I have two years work experience outside Australia, and IELTS overall score is band 7 but not 4 7s. Anyone knows how long it takes to get invitation for the visa?

Cheers.

Hi everyone,

I have just submitted my EOI of 190 visa for NSW state nomination (55+5) as software engineer on the 1st of February. I have two years work experience outside Australia, and IELTS overall score is band 7 but not 4 7s. Anyone knows how long it takes to get invitation for the visa?

Cheers.

It appears that you've just missed getting points for your English skills. I would recommend you to take PTE. That will help you improve your point score by 5 or 10 points, and with improved point score there are chances that you receive invitation to apply for subclass 189.

It appears that you've just missed getting points for your English skills. I would recommend you to take PTE. That will help you improve your point score by 5 or 10 points, and with improved point score there are chances that you receive invitation to apply for subclass 189.

Really? It was really frustrating to prepare for IELTS test. I don't think it would be worthy to try a new English exam system now. Especially, it is taken on computers, which l am not familiar with.

That is why I am taking a shot on the visa 190, like what you did.

Really? It was really frustrating to prepare for IELTS test. I don't think it would be worthy to try a new English exam system now. Especially, it is taken on computers, which l am not familiar with.

That is why I am taking a shot on the visa 190, like what you did.

I know it is frustrating to prepare for another English test. However, there are many people who tried taking IELTS to get additional points, but their efforts did not pay off. They were surprised with their results after trying PTE. They gained those additional points to receive invitation. You may check following forum for experiences of people taking PTE

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/231707-ielts-v-s-pearson-test-english-academic-pte-academic-my-personal-findings.html

It is important you are at the top of the charts in invitation rounds, especially when you are applying under a highly competitive profession. They are issuing pro-rated invitation to Software Engineers due to fierce competition among applicants.

In my case I took IELTS with British Council and obtained 7+ points in each section and got 10 GSM points. I am sure if I had taken PTE, then I would have got additional 10 points. My points were as follows

Age - 30

Bachelor Degree - 15

Australian Work Experience - 5

Overseas Work experience - 5

IELTS - 10

NSW State nomination - 5

Total - 70 points

I applied under Accountant (General) category which is also a highly competitive profession for Australian GSM visa.

I know it is frustrating to prepare for another English test. However, there are many people who tried taking IELTS to get additional points, but their efforts did not pay off. They were surprised with their results after trying PTE. They gained those additional points to receive invitation. You may check following forum for experiences of people taking PTE

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/231707-ielts-v-s-pearson-test-english-academic-pte-academic-my-personal-findings.html

It is important you are at the top of the charts in invitation rounds, especially when you are applying under a highly competitive profession. They are issuing pro-rated invitation to Software Engineers due to fierce competition among applicants.

In my case I took IELTS with British Council and obtained 7+ points in each section and got 10 GSM points. I am sure if I had taken PTE, then I would have got additional 10 points. My points were as follows

Age - 30

Bachelor Degree - 15

Australian Work Experience - 5

Overseas Work experience - 5

IELTS - 10

NSW State nomination - 5

Total - 70 points

I applied under Accountant (General) category which is also a highly competitive profession for Australian GSM visa.

I appreciate your advices. I have been taking your words as consideration, and it makes lots of sense. Frankly speaking, I am unsure that I could achieve the score from PTE, in order to get additional points for invitation, but it is worth a shot.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks a lot for your kind words Azdent! Good exercise to practice patience :-)

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

hi abey1,

any news about your visa yet? i applied for mine 3 months ago so hoping i hear something very soon.

what occupation have you applied under?

im a plumber.