hope to meet friends

Don't worry Kirsty. You will meet loads of people in the same boat in the hostel and then when you move into a sharehouse (probably in Bondi or Coogee). Meetup.com is a good resource to find groups that share your interests.

Oh, to be arriving again as a backpacker. Them's were the days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kristy,

Nice to hear from you...

Me and my wife live in Sydney since last year.We are 30 but our mental age is still 19 Lol

We are badly looking for new friends. But only problem is, we shy a lot to talk to new folks..

Pls feel free to ask for any help before you arrive..We will try our best to support ya...

And may be we will be not too bad as friends....

Best of luck

• 2 weeks later...
Hi BlackMagic.

I've been dormant on here for sometime. Thought I would see what was going on in these forums and happened to stumble across this post.

What bought you to Aus? How you finding it after 12 months?

Nick

Hi Nick,

Sorry for the late reply. We came here with PR visa. Both of us are telecommunication Engr.

We spent the whole last year to arrange bread and butter :) could not realize actually when it was over.

Now its time to wide the social horizon.

Hi Kristy,

Nice to hear from you...

Me and my wife live in Sydney since last year.We are 30 but our mental age is still 19 Lol

We are badly looking for new friends. But only problem is, we shy a lot to talk to new folks..

Pls feel free to ask for any help before you arrive..We will try our best to support ya...

And may be we will be not too bad as friends....

Best of luck

Hi BlackMagic,

We are in a very similar situation. My partner is Australian and in her twenties and I am 32. We have finally got settled after moving here from London. We would love to meet like minded people!

Give us a shout!

I move to Sydney on march the 12th 2016 on my own with year working holiday visa staying in wakeup hostel my first week. Hoping to meet anyone who is out traveling, up for a good laugh, drinks, adventures. Girl from Scotland and I'm 22 years of age.

Be great to hear from someone soon :)

Hi Kirsty, as has already been said you'll meet loads of cool people in the backpackers. However, my girlfriend and I are new to Sydney and are always up for meeting new people, going out for drinks and having a laugh!

Hi BlackMagic,

We are in a very similar situation. My partner is Australian and in her twenties and I am 32. We have finally got settled after moving here from London. We would love to meet like minded people!

Give us a shout!

Hi Stuart,

How are ya mate? Really nice to hear from ya.

We live at Revesby area and currently 49.08% settled ;-)

Looking for some friends to consider ourselves as fully settled.

Need somebody to wish them on their birthdays/anniversaries or wanna get calls from friends at midnight on their emergencies..

Where do you guys live? How can we meet? Could you please leave me a PM at your convenient time....