2 years here ...might HAVE go back

jgt

Hey there need a bit of advice, iv been here in perth for 2 years and working in construction. Due to a severe downturn i may have to go back to the UK to work as im told by friends business is good there in the UK at the moment. I came here on a 176 skilled visa and have permanant resisdency. Does anyone know how long i can go back for without having to re apply for immigration. I dont want to go back but im down to a sporadic 2 days a week work etc, and as you all know that just about buys a take away on a Friday.I have good friends who are managers in large construction companies here who say they are preparing for things to get worse. Gotta look at all the options. Thanks in advance

Hi i wondered if you know what happens re citizenship, i know you have to do a 4 year stint and then apply,if we leave for a couple of years do we have to stsrt again or is the 2 years we have done taken into account, thanks

My OH worked in building/construction (now retired) and it was always boom or bust in that industry. We stared our life together in Australia in Sydney (he's Australian) when that became quiet we moved to Perth - OK there for approx 3 years and built our own house too then that quietened down so moved back to Sydney which was absolutely booming for years and when things slowed down he travelled up the coast and also to Brisbane and Darwin and out west of NSW. I stayed in Sydney with our sons and I was also working by then too. I think you have to be prepared to travel - not ideal but needs must. We never thought of going back to the UK.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Archived