Hello everyone! Needing a little help!

Damon95

Hi guys!

Just a wonder if anyone can help me. I'd love to move to Perth, I am a 20 year old male, fully qualified light vehicle mechanic. I'm also qualified on automotive air conditioning systems (uk law means it's a must). I also have an auntie and uncle who live in Perth.

Now ive been looking at the 1,000's of ways to move here, and it's all just a little bit too confusing! So if anyone here is a mechanic or knows one who's successfully made the move, that could give me some information/advice on what they did etc, I'd be very very greatful! Thank you in advance ????

Hey mate,

Given your age, I would have thought that a working holiday visa would be the place to start. Fairly easy to get. Once you are on the ground you can look for an employer to sponsor you or other more permanent visa options.

Good luck

Just check if there is anyway you qualify for a permanent visa, as that is much better than getting sponsorship in the long run. Lots of the main dealers here in Aus, employ UK mechanics so if you did decide to go for sponsorship, or thats your only way, once here via WHV etc , target them first.

Good luck with everything

Cal x

Yeah I did have that in mind, how common is it for Australian companies to sponsor English workers? I'm far from work shy, currently working 70 ish hours a week, and very motivated in the job i do

IF your occupation is eligible for sponsorship, and you've already demonstrated your skills by working for them on a WHV, then you'd be in with a good chance. But you need to check whether your occupation is even eligible for migration, because otherwise it's all pointless.

I have checked SOL and I'm definitely on there for the job I do! I am currently on holiday until 15/12/15 and staying with an aunt and uncle. Is it worth speaking to anyone whilst I am here?

thanktou for the replies so far, they are greatly appreciated

Archived