UK based migration agent - ADVICE destination-oz? & others

Newbie65

Hello! I'm a newbie here and hoping I can get some useful advice. Looking to make the big move over to Australia and would like any recommendations for visa agents.

I have recently spoken to Michael Breen @ destination-oz who has been extremely helpful and thinks I have a good shot at getting a 189 independent visa. My only niggle is that the company is not MARA registered. As he is based in the Uk I wasn't sure whether this was important. I know it is a legal requirement if the company was based in Australia. Can anyone advise?

His prices were very reasonable too, but of course I want to do the sensible thing and 'shop' around. I've found a lack of info available online.:mask:

Has anyone else had any experience using destination-oz or any other UK based agent that they would reccommend? Please feel free send me a private message if more appropriate. I understand there are rules in place on the forum for public postings.

I'm looking to hopefully get the ball rolling as soon as possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

You should always, always make sure to use a MARA-registered agent. Without being MARA registered, you have no assurance that they have a clue what they are doing, you don't know if there is any code of conduct or other professional standards followed, you don't know if they carry any form of indemnity insurance if they act negligently, etc.

To find a MARA-registered agent, you can visit the OMARA website and use the Find An Agent feature, or ask people for recommendations. There are also several good migration agents who post regularly on this forum and are also often recommended by people who've used them - look for usernames Raul Senise, WRussell and Alan Collett.

Archived