457 visa application help

Hi fellow poms,

Long time browser, first time poster.

I'm currently in the process of applying for a 457 visa (my company applied for the nomination a week ago), and have some questions regarding my final stage of the application once the nomination has been granted.

1) I have my Resume, birth certificate, qualifications (degree) certificate, letters from previous employers and jp signed passport copy. Do I need a proof of medical insurance (even though I am a British citizen), police clearance, medical certificate or any other documents? If so, how would I get them?

2) I hear it's better to submit your application from outside of Oz, is this true? I'm currently working for the company, and would prefer not to take an uncessary trip abroad if it in no way effects the application.

3) Anyone currently in the process or have recently completed their 457 application that can say the current processing time?

I'm really nervous as its nearly a month until my WHV runs out and I want everything to go smoothly as I'm running short of time.

Anyone that can give any general advice it would also be super helpful and appreciated as I'm doing this all by myself.

Please help, and thanks.

Dan

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

1) You need either proof of medical insurance or proof that you have Medicare coverage. If you need a medical or police checks you'll be asked for them.

2) There's no need to be outside Australia when you apply unless your current visa has a No Further Stay (8503) condition. If you apply while in Australia before your WHV expires, you'll be issued a bridging visa allowing you to stay in the country while your application is processed.

3) Processing time seems to vary from 4-12 weeks, but it can be quicker or longer without much obvious reason for this.

Hi fellow poms,

Long time browser, first time poster.

I'm currently in the process of applying for a 457 visa (my company applied for the nomination a week ago), and have some questions regarding my final stage of the application once the nomination has been granted.

1) I have my Resume, birth certificate, qualifications (degree) certificate, letters from previous employers and jp signed passport copy. Do I need a proof of medical insurance (even though I am a British citizen), police clearance, medical certificate or any other documents? If so, how would I get them?

2) I hear it's better to submit your application from outside of Oz, is this true? I'm currently working for the company, and would prefer not to take an uncessary trip abroad if it in no way effects the application.

3) Anyone currently in the process or have recently completed their 457 application that can say the current processing time?

I'm really nervous as its nearly a month until my WHV runs out and I want everything to go smoothly as I'm running short of time.

Anyone that can give any general advice it would also be super helpful and appreciated as I'm doing this all by myself.

Please help, and thanks.

Dan

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Hi Dan,

If the nomination is not approved prior to the end of your current visa, you will either need to leave Australia, or lodge your 457 visa and link it to the pending nomination. You will then hold a Bridging Visa A.

Joy

Archived