Keeping more than 2 dogs in Redlands, Queensland - Permit?

Catlady2014

I've looked and looked for info on keeping more than 2 dogs and can't find it. My daughter lives in Victoria Point which comes under Redland City Council in Queensland. She has 2 dogs already, I'm planning to take my dog and will be living with her. I know that we will need 3-dog approval but I can't see anything about a permit, although I know Brisbane for instance requires a permit for more than 2 dogs and there is an application fee to pay and an annual licence too. Does anybody know anything about a permit fee and licence fee in Redlands? Many thanks.

I've looked and looked for info on keeping more than 2 dogs and can't find it. My daughter lives in Victoria Point which comes under Redland City Council in Queensland. She has 2 dogs already, I'm planning to take my dog and will be living with her. I know that we will need 3-dog approval but I can't see anything about a permit, although I know Brisbane for instance requires a permit for more than 2 dogs and there is an application fee to pay and an annual licence too. Does anybody know anything about a permit fee and licence fee in Redlands? Many thanks.

Here's a link for third dog permit, http://www.redland.qld.gov.au/FormsPermits/FormsDownload/Pages/Animals.aspx hope it helps

Thanks. Yes, I had seen that, and I already knew about the registration fee, it's just that I can't find information about the application for permit fee and the annual licence fee. Maybe these don't apply in Redland, maybe it's just the registration fee. Also I noted that you have to have a "compelling reason for having a third dog", but I have no idea what they would consider compelling.

Thanks. Yes, I had seen that, and I already knew about the registration fee, it's just that I can't find information about the application for permit fee and the annual licence fee. Maybe these don't apply in Redland, maybe it's just the registration fee. Also I noted that you have to have a "compelling reason for having a third dog", but I have no idea what they would consider compelling.

I don't have knowledge of these rules, but suspect if you are moving in with another person who already has dogs and you have no choice to but to take the dog, that would be pretty compelling. It would be different if your daughter got another dog....

The licence fee's for Redlands area pr year are as follows -

Entire dog - $111.20

Desexed - $55.90

Microchipped and desexed- $45.90

Im not sure you have to pay the permitt / form to actually keep another dog there but it may be worth your daughter giving them a quick call to check.

Hope this helps

Cal x

Edited to add - you can be someone moving in with a person who already has 2 dogs, i think the reasoning rule is if you live there as the sole occupant, already have 2 dogs and want more.

Edited by calNgary

Shouldn't you change your username to Doglady2014? :wink:

i have two cats as well! But luckily they can stay in the UK with one of my friends. Sad to leave them behind but they will be loved and well cared for, and it's the best option for them as they are both elderly with chronic health problems. :sad:

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: my daughter has been told we can apply for a third dog permit on compassionate grounds (as my dog is elderly and unable to be rehomed). The application will go in, the Council will send an inspector to ensure the property is adequately fenced and there is enough room for 3 dogs. Providing all is good, they approve the application, we make a payment of $170 for the 3rd dog permit, plus the annual dog licence will need to be paid. All should be ok as long as dogs barking isn't a problem for neighbours etc. There is no rush to do the application as "visiting" dogs are allowed for a short period, so I can apply once I'm there. Hopefully, this info is helpful to others.