Dibp points mark wrong?!

ItchyFeet76

Just Googling and the official government website (DIBP) says the passmark is 65. It also mentions the old visas though (ie 175 not 189) so I presume this is typical government incompetency (not updating website) and not to be trusted, as if the passmark had gone up it would be all over the news...??

~~

Just Googling and the official government website (DIBP) says the passmark is 65. It also mentions the old visas though (ie 175 not 189) so I presume this is typical government incompetency (not updating website) and not to be trusted, as if the passmark had gone up it would be all over the news...??

~~

The minimum points required is currently 60 for all skilled points based visas.

Although Accountants, Systems Analyst and Software Programmers are currently only being invited at a higher threshold. 70, 65 & 65 respectively.

Ah sorry CaptainC, didn't mean to duplicate your post! Yes I noticed that the new visas weren't mentioned but couldn't find an updated page (typical government website, lol). Am hoping that's the case anyway.

The system is being reviewed though from what I gather, with changes implemented from July 1st 2016, though not sure how many of the proposed changes will take place...

It's a PITA that the DIBP website has some incorrect information on their website. 60 points is the minimum required for a visa, but there are several occupations that have such a high number of applicants that you don't get an invitation if you have less than 65 or 70 points.

Ah sorry CaptainC, didn't mean to duplicate your post! Yes I noticed that the new visas weren't mentioned but couldn't find an updated page (typical government website, lol). Am hoping that's the case anyway.

The system is being reviewed though from what I gather, with changes implemented from July 1st 2016, though not sure how many of the proposed changes will take place...

No worries, I do it all of the time!!

The migration of the data from the old IMMI website has just been pretty much cut and pasted to the new 'Border' website and I don't think that anyone has checked the data at all.

If you look at https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Empl/skillselect then that gives you the most up to date points and invitation data on the 'invitation round' tab.

Archived