Company gone bust on me two years in to 457 visa

bencb5

Hi guys,

I know that all the help here is unpaid so I appreciate any advice as I am at my wits end.

My situation:

Arrived on working holiday visa in 2010 > extended for second year > one year student visa > got sponsored (457) from Oct 2013 to Oct 2015, in the process of sorting my employer nominated (189) visa and my company is no longer in business.

I work as a business development manager and have been looking for work but it seems impossible for someone to be willing to sponsor me given the paperwork it would take them.

I just wanted to know what my options are moving forward. Being so close and now having nothing I am absolutely gutted... I have been jumping through hoops and paying tens of thousands over the last five years and now it feels like I've lost everything...

If you are unsure of legislation I will happily just accept nice words to keep me positive lol.

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben ... Sorry to hear that but please stay positive as there are companys out there who will sponsor, its just sometimes hard to find them. I'm not a visa expert but am pretty sure you have a few weeks grace to try and find someone. Fingers crossed here for you and get out there door knock and sell yourself..

Cal x

Hi Ben,

You will have 90 days from the date the company went out of business to find a suitable employer willing to sponsor you. After the 90 days then the 457 expires and you will have to leave the country.

You may be able to try for a skilled PR visa, if you apply onshore, then you'll automatically be granted a bridging visa to allow to remain in Australia until the visa decision is made.

Can you find your occupation on either the SOL or CSOL? If so, you may be eligible for permanent residency via state sponsorship.

Hi guys,

I know that all the help here is unpaid so I appreciate any advice as I am at my wits end.

My situation:

Arrived on working holiday visa in 2010 > extended for second year > one year student visa > got sponsored (457) from Oct 2013 to Oct 2015, in the process of sorting my employer nominated (189) visa and my company is no longer in business.

I work as a business development manager and have been looking for work but it seems impossible for someone to be willing to sponsor me given the paperwork it would take them.

I just wanted to know what my options are moving forward. Being so close and now having nothing I am absolutely gutted... I have been jumping through hoops and paying tens of thousands over the last five years and now it feels like I've lost everything...

If you are unsure of legislation I will happily just accept nice words to keep me positive lol.

Thanks

Ben

Was your nominated occupation 225212: ICT Business Development Manager?

If you go to my website: pinoyau.com and use the contact form I shall have a look at your case if you wish.

Hi guys,

My situation:

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben,

Has the company let Immigration know that they are not longer supporting your 186/187 nomination?

Have you received the letter from Immigration stating that your 457 visa will be cancelled? If so, what is the date on the letter?

Do you have a partner?

If so, do they have an employer who may sponsor them?

Joy

Archived