Sponsorship offer

emma1976

Hi, we have just been invited to apply for visas for NT, so trying to research areas of where to live. We have 3 children aged 13, 11 & 4. Can anyone recommend any areas of Darwin that are nice to live, we need to be somewhere that has good access to schools, shops etc and has excellent public transport as my mum is also coming and doesn't drive.

Thanks Emma

Hi, we have just been invited to apply for visas for NT, so trying to research areas of where to live. We have 3 children aged 13, 11 & 4. Can anyone recommend any areas of Darwin that are nice to live, we need to be somewhere that has good access to schools, shops etc and has excellent public transport as my mum is also coming and doesn't drive.

Thanks Emma

Darwin is quite expensive and the good areas tend to reflect this.

Public transport in Darwin is ok, but if your Mum could learn to drive it will be easier for her to get around. Did your Mum get her own sponsorship/visa as well? If so, you are very fortunate.

Thanks Emma

Hi Emma,

congrats to you & your family on your invite to apply for NT Sponsorship.

i myself with my partner & our 3 year old daughter are also applying for NT as my partners profession is only available through the Northern Territory.

We we are currently in the process of getting to information together for our commitment statement which I see previously you have mentioned. I would be very grateful if you could offer any tips, advice or information regarding doing the commitment statement & the other info regarding showing your research in life within the NT & proof of funds .

We would appreciate any assistance you can offer Emma

Many thanks & congrats again

Paul

hi paul, thanks for the congrats. Do you have a personal email as i'm happy to forwards my commitment statement etc for you to read.

Emma

Hi Emma

that would be fantastic its . We really appreciate it

i hope you don't mind

thank you

Paul

Edited by MaggieMay24
Email removed per forum rules, please use PM feature

Hi Emma

Darwin is a great place for families.

Darwin city itself has lots of apartments; most of the the northern surburbs are nice...Leanyer, Wulagi, Wanguri, Northlakes, Jingili all nice, also Lyons which is a newer suburb near the hospital but more expensive. Nightcliff is popular as it's near the sea. Down the track is Palmerston, a satellite city which has grown hugely in the last 20 years. Nice houses down there although stick to newer suburbs, some parts of the old ones like Gray and Moulden not so good. Good road link to Darwin, about a 20minute drive into the city from Palmo.

Hope this helps!

Helen