Arranging Medical Checks in the UK after lodging visa application

martyfenwick

I have lodged a visa application for my wife, daughter and I and I am aware that I need police checks and also medicals.

When I contacted the hospital/medical center in Edinburgh closest to me who perform the medicals I received this response:

The request for the medicals to be done comes directly from Australian Government: Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC), either on the online system or via an agent/case officer. It is DIAC that dictates what medical examinations each applicant is to have to meet their visa requirement. We cannot act in an advisory capacity and all quires regarding suspected health requirement should be directed back to DIAC. Our role is simply to collect medical information on their behalf.

Does this mean that I have to wait to be assigned a case officer to be advised on what medical examinations my wife, daughter and I need to organise?

I lodged our visa application about 10 days ago and I have requested police checks for my wife and I and I was hoping to organise the medicals to get everything done at my end to hopefully move the application on as quickly as possible. I understand there will be a significant processing time, but i'd like to give them everything they need ASAP.

Any advice or shared experiences appreciated.

You can only book medicals once you have your HAP ID number.

Go on to your immiaccount, login, select your visa application and you'll be redirected to your upload page.

Under each applicant there will be a button marked 'Get Health Details' click this for each of the applicants, answer the self declaration questions, and when prompted, print out the eMedical referral letter. On the top right of the letter there will be a HAP ID number. Call the medical centre and book over the phone and give the HAP ID's for each applicant. They will then be able to book you in.

You can only book medicals once you have your HAP ID number.

Go on to your immiaccount, login, select your visa application and you'll be redirected to your upload page.

Under each applicant there will be a button marked 'Get Health Details' click this for each of the applicants, answer the self declaration questions, and when prompted, print out the eMedical referral letter. On the top right of the letter there will be a HAP ID number. Call the medical centre and book over the phone and give the HAP ID's for each applicant. They will then be able to book you in.

Great, thank you. The medical centre said that the DIAC/Immi dictates what medical examinations each applicant must go through. Is this information available after clicking 'Get Health Details'? From what they say it's not a standard "medical" for everyone. I may be wrong.

Great, thank you. The medical centre said that the DIAC/Immi dictates what medical examinations each applicant must go through. Is this information available after clicking 'Get Health Details'? From what they say it's not a standard "medical" for everyone. I may be wrong.

Are you applying for permanent residency? If so, its the same medical as for every other permanent resident.

Are you applying for permanent residency? If so, its the same medical as for every other permanent resident.

Yes, i'm applying for permanent residency. I have just downloaded my eMedical referral letters for each of us so i'll get them printed and organised. Thanks!

Hi we are applying for are 189 too and I have just submitted our Visa application. I have printed out our e - medicals as it stated that we need them and am about to make an appointment. When looking for the closest medical centre, I noticed that it said to not use my health declaration until being contacted your case officer otherwise it could delay the application. Now I'm confused. How did you get on with yours?Hope you get your visa soon.

Hi we are applying for are 189 too and I have just submitted our Visa application. I have printed out our e - medicals as it stated that we need them and am about to make an appointment. When looking for the closest medical centre, I noticed that it said to not use my health declaration until being contacted your case officer otherwise it could delay the application. Now I'm confused. How did you get on with yours?Hope you get your visa soon.

You can go ahead with your medicals now if you wish. However, the latest entry date to Australia is one year from the date of your medicals or PCC, whichever is earliest.

If you want to book medicals then click 'get health details' under the name of each applicant, answer the short medical questionnaire and then print off the referral form. On the top right of each form you will find a HAP ID number, this is what you will need to give the medical centre when you book over the phone.

What do they mean by using your health declaration? I think that is just a short questionnaire to give them a broad idea of your health before you go. I wouldn't imagine you would be able to book a medical without your HAP ID. They asked me for all HAP IDs for my family when I booked my medicals last week.

I received a "NO TRACE" police check certificate back yesterday so i'm hoping my wife receives hers today since I done them a day apart.

Our medicals are booked for a couple of weeks from now, so fingers crossed they go well and I can get them loaded into my visa application. I'm unsure of the processing time from _that_ point however.

hi All,

Does one pay for these medical tests and roughly how much is it?

And do kids also have to do medicals?

thanks Rene

Yes, unfortunately you have to pay for the medicals and they're quite pricey. For my daughter, wife and I it's going to come in around £800-900! Yes, kids have medicals too - but they're less involved and cheaper than adult ones.

Hi Martyfenwick, thanks for that info....so per person how much would that be as I have 3 kiddies....and then me and my husband

Here are the prices that the medical center sent me. I believe it's quite expensive, however there's no way around it if you want your visa.

• Adult medical, ages 15 +, £319 (this includes the medical, x-ray and HIV blood test)

• Child medical, ages 11 – 14, £215 (this includes the medical and x-ray)

• Child medical, ages 0 – 10, £105

• Hep B and C blood test are charged at £42.50 each.

It is very expensive, the cheapest I found was Spire Hospital in Manchester. I then called my local registered medical centres to see if they would price match and one of them said yes. If they had said no it would have been cheaper for us to travel to Manchester (we are in Birmingham) x

You don't use My Health Declaration after you've lodged your application, because it may result in you getting two HAP IDs which then adds a lot of confusion to the process. So you can either use it before lodging your application, and getting the medicals done upfront. Or you can lodge your application and then get the system-generated HAP ID through your IMMI Account.

• 1 month later...
It is very expensive, the cheapest I found was Spire Hospital in Manchester. I then called my local registered medical centres to see if they would price match and one of them said yes. If they had said no it would have been cheaper for us to travel to Manchester (we are in Birmingham) x

i was under the impression you could only do it at the places the immigration website says didn't realise you could do it at the local doctor, my brother-law is in leeds and was going to do the manchester centre

i was under the impression you could only do it at the places the immigration website says didn't realise you could do it at the local doctor, my brother-law is in leeds and was going to do the manchester centre

Sorry for then confusion....When I said local, I meant the 2 nearest immigration recommended centres. I live in Birmingham so there are two centres within 5 miles, which is why I said local xx

• 5 months later...

Hi,

We took our passports and the letters, can't remember taking anything else. Tell him to have a look at his visa online application , I think in the health section should be his number and just ring in the morning before he attends. Our nurses were really friendly and helpful. I worried a lot and I didn't need to. They were lovely and professional, general examination with the doctor, bloods taken and an x-ray.

Good luck.

Ilka

Archived