Nursing registration in OZ

Katy Hughes

Hi everyone,

i have a question? Has anyone got there PR and moved to oz and then got there registration?

I have my PR and am currently doing a PGDip as my diploma isn't enough for registration.

If so how long did it take?

Did you discover any problems?

We want to leave as soon as I have finished this course but I don't want to get there and be stuck for months while waiting for it to come through.

Any suggestions on help or advice would be great thanks ?

Hmm can't really help I'm afraid. I haven't heard of anyone in the same boat as you, hopefully someone else will have some better advice for you though.

I think no matter what, AHPRA can take a while - whether in Australia or not. I'd say, be prepared to submit your application ASAP after finishing the course/getting your certificate, and be prepared for it to take a few months.

Hi everyone,

i have a question? Has anyone got there PR and moved to oz and then got there registration?

I have my PR and am currently doing a PGDip as my diploma isn't enough for registration.

We want to leave as soon as I have finished this course but I don't want to get there and be stuck for months while waiting for it to come through.

Any suggestions on help or advice would be great thanks 

hi Katy,

how ow did you get your PR without the registration?

Hi everyone,

Any suggestions on help or advice would be great thanks 

I think they have approximate processing times on the website?

All ready applied for registration and got declined but was offered the bridging course which I worked out as approx £6000 for a 12 week course which I though was a bit steep. Managed to get on a course for my PGDip was very lucky! I did go into the offices while we where over there and they did say that it shouldn't take as long as I'm already on the system but I really don't want to wait that long I want to be out there for Christmas next year! Any help would be great

are you still referring to PR visa? how do I do that, what route? please share the info?

ANMAC assess your skills to see if you are suitable for a visa...then you can apply for the visa, and be granted it, without having AHPRA registration, I believe. So you could technically enter the country for being a nurse, but then get turned down to actually practise as one!

ANMAC assess your skills to see if you are suitable for a visa...then you can apply for the visa, and be granted it, without having AHPRA registration, I believe. So you could technically enter the country for being a nurse, but then get turned down to actually practise as one!

Thats right and that's position I'm in now. Just needing to know how long it takes if we where in the country with all paperwork in hand!

Thats right and that's position I'm in now. Just needing to know how long it takes if we where in the country with all paperwork in hand!

The NMC have to verify your registration here directly to them (they won't give you that documentation), your being in the country wouldn't really speed up the process.

Archived