Claiming back lost super

Hello,

From 2004 - 2007 I visited oz on a WHV which then went into a defacto. During this time I worked (on my WHV) at numerous jobs for a year, then permanently for the next 2 on my defacto.

I have paperwork to say that I had contributed to Super, but I can't find anything online anywhere to say how much I have and where it is. I wish to set it up into a fund that I can begin when I move out on my PMV300 next year and would like an idea of how much I have and where to find it, as it's apparently gone back into unclaimed funds according to the ATO website.

Just wanting to get my finances in order, so trying to sort my UK pension and Super which is a joy! NOT

Thanks in advance!

Edited by GooseRenders
Typo

Hello,

From 2004 - 2007 I visited oz on a WHV which then went into a defacto. During this time I worked (on my WHV) at numerous jobs for a year, then permanently for the next 2 on my defacto.

I have paperwork to say that I had contributed to Super, but I can't find anything online anywhere to say how much I have and where it is.

Why would you expect to find that information online?

What paperwork do you have? If it's from your employer, then chances are you contributed to their nominated fund - so write/email them and ask which fund that was. If it's from the super fund, then write/email them, update your address and ask them for a statement.

Because that's the first place you go to look for any lost super ....

https://superseeker.super.ato.gov.au

https://unclaimedsuper.com.au

Thanks NickyNook - I have already searched superseeker who claim that I do have unclaimed super and it has been moved from my original super fund with my old employer to the ATO as I left Australia 10 years ago. I am just having issues with the next step - finding it!

• 4 months later...

My wife applied for hers. Waste of time. They send you a letter back saying they will investigate, but due to privacy laws you cannot make enquiries regarding the status.

Basically, don't call us, we'll call you.