EOI Invitation date predictions (FOR 189 VISA ONLY)

CaptainC

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Captain!

Thanks so much for helping us all out!

I'm in a bit of a tough situation. I'm on a 485 which expires 11th Jan 2016. I had to go through an appeal process with Vetassess - which I successfully did, but only got a positive skills assessment back today. I also got my IELTS results - and will need to do another test, because I didn't get over 8 in the writing - I'm planning to do the pearson test on Wednesday - which I have heard people get results back within 3-5 days. So Captain - Assuming I pass my English test for maximum 20 points Superior english, and lodge my EOI on Friday, is there any chance I'd get an invitation on the 18th Dec? Is there any point in lodging an EOI now (assumptively on the basis I will pass the test - no pressure!!) If not, do you have any information on when January rounds are - as if it's after 11th Jan - I'm screwed?

1) 272314

2) Psychotherapist

3) 65 (assuming I get superior english)

4) Hopefully - by 11th December.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Hey Captain!

Thanks so much for helping us all out!

I'm in a bit of a tough situation. I'm on a 485 which expires 11th Jan 2016. I had to go through an appeal process with Vetassess - which I successfully did, but only got a positive skills assessment back today. I also got my IELTS results - and will need to do another test, because I didn't get over 8 in the writing - I'm planning to do the pearson test on Wednesday - which I have heard people get results back within 3-5 days. So Captain - Assuming I pass my English test for maximum 20 points Superior english, and lodge my EOI on Friday, is there any chance I'd get an invitation on the 18th Dec? Is there any point in lodging an EOI now (assumptively on the basis I will pass the test - no pressure!!) If not, do you have any information on when January rounds are - as if it's after 11th Jan - I'm screwed?

1) 272314

2) Psychotherapist

3) 65 (assuming I get superior english)

4) Hopefully - by 11th December.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

It's not 100% guaranteed but I'd say that with 65 points you'll have a very high chance of being invited on the 18th Dec.

You shouldn't submit any speculative EOI until you have your results. People have got all the way through and had a visa refused because the English test or Skills assessment are later than the EOI date.

Thanks mate, I'll keep everything crossed then, and spend every spare minute doing practice tests for Pearson!

Do you have any idea when we'll know more about the dates of the January rounds!? So hoping there is one before 11th Jan!!! Eek

I'm not sure, but I'd reckon that there will be one before 11th Jan

Hi Captain C,

I have 60 points (dependent on positive skills assessment), I'm a secondary teacher. I can't apply yet as awaiting AITSL response but do you think it will be worth trying to boost my points with IELTS or will I get an invite with 60 points at some point? Many thanks.

Hi Captian C,

General accountant

Points 60

Date of eoi 15th May 2015

Pleaae advise if I would be able to receive an invitation before 30th June 2016.

Thanks

It's not really possible to say, but unfortunately I'd say it would not happen before 30th June. Try to boost your points up to 70 and then you might have a better chance.

Hi Captain C,

I have 60 points (dependent on positive skills assessment), I'm a secondary teacher. I can't apply yet as awaiting AITSL response but do you think it will be worth trying to boost my points with IELTS or will I get an invite with 60 points at some point? Many thanks.

It's always worth trying to boost the points, but you will be invited within around 2 months with 60

Thank you captain! Don't know why I wrote 17th I meant 7th, maybe I will get lucky and sneak in late February but I suppose 3 months aren't too bad. Fingers and toes crossed

I think that it probably will be late Feb. I thought when you said 17th that you were planning to submit on that date

Hi Captain, I recently applied for a 190 but I couldn't find a tread for it on the forum, so I hope that it will be ok to ask you for it in this thread.

Subclass 190

computer network engineer

EOI submission 24/11/2015

Thanks

Sorry Daniel. It's not possible to predict for 190.

Likely to be late February. This could change after the results of this latest round are released

Thanks Captain C, we will wait and see, how exciting! No rush for us at the moment :)

Just hoping we haven't under calculated the points on my partners employment, I keep going over the EOI in my head. Think its right but just worrier!!!

Thanks again! :)

Hey Captain, I got my PTE English marks back today 90 90 90 90!! So happy - and thankful to the person who did a big post on PTE. I immediately put my EOI in.

So I got the EOI in a day earlier than planned!! Here's hoping i make it in the 18th Dec round before my visa expires 11th Jan!!

Sub-class 189

Occupation 272314

Psychotherapist

65 points

EOI 10th December 2015

Hey Captain, I got my PTE English marks back today 90 90 90 90!! So happy - and thankful to the person who did a big post on PTE. I immediately put my EOI in.

So I got the EOI in a day earlier than planned!! Here's hoping i make it in the 18th Dec round before my visa expires 11th Jan!!

Sub-class 189

Occupation 272314

Psychotherapist

65 points

EOI 10th December 2015

Should be next Friday. Well done on the PTE score!

Hi all,

My 189 was granted yesterday and I just wanted to thank you Captain for helping out so many of us.

Just for information I lodged my EOI the 16/09/2015, was invited the 23/11/2015, lodged my 189 application the same day and received my grant notice the 10/12/2015 !

Good luck everyone !

Archived