Concern with regards to Spouse Visa and potential future Permanent Residency Visa

freakedass

G'day Everyone,

I have a question regarding spouse visa and future Permanent Residency Visa for my wife.

Background info: I happen to obtain my Australian citizenship a few weeks back and was looking out for job options. Surprisingly I got an offer from a company in Abu Dhabi. The offer is very lucrative and seems like a perfect fit for me. However my concern is that my wife is currently on Spouse Visa (309) and she would be eligible to apply for her Permanent residency visa by June of 2016.

What I would like to know is if we plan to leave Australia for a period of 4-5 years, would my wife would still qualify to apply for PR during the June window? Is this something that is going to be valid for her to apply or we will have to start over the process again ?

Thanks.

G'day Everyone,

I have a question regarding spouse visa and future Permanent Residency Visa for my wife.

Background info: I happen to obtain my Australian citizenship a few weeks back and was looking out for job options. Surprisingly I got an offer from a company in Abu Dhabi. The offer is very lucrative and seems like a perfect fit for me. However my concern is that my wife is currently on Spouse Visa (309) and she would be eligible to apply for her Permanent residency visa by June of 2016.

What I would like to know is if we plan to leave Australia for a period of 4-5 years, would my wife would still qualify to apply for PR during the June window? Is this something that is going to be valid for her to apply or we will have to start over the process again ?

Thanks.

She has already applied for the PR visa - that is done when the original application is lodged. As long as the marriage is ongoing there is no reason why it wouldn' be granted. Neither of you have to be in Austraalia for this.

Just ensure that DIBP are kept up to date with your wife's contact details.

She has already applied for the PR visa - that is done when the original application is lodged. As long as the marriage is ongoing there is no reason why it wouldn' be granted. Neither of you have to be in Austraalia for this.

Just ensure that DIBP are kept up to date with your wife's contact details.

Thank you for your response. Will definitely keep DIBP updated.

• 4 weeks later...

@freakedass - I just came across this post while looking for something else. I can see that you've got your citizenship so you don't have to worry - but I'm just wonderingif there's a snag you're not considering here?

You say you'd be away for 4-5 years. Have you thought about what this might do to your wife's ability to get a RRV later on? Just a thought.

Archived