Scraping the car at the airport!

itegoa

Anyone ever scraped their car on the way to the airport?

We're flying out in January 2016 on a one way ticket.

Our car is due it's MOT a couple of weeks after that, it's done 125K miles, and is like 16 years old, wouldn't get much money for it basically! It's a good runner though!

The plan is to drive to London Heathrow for the flight, and call by the scrap yard on the way to get rid.

Does that sound insane? LOL. I figured that if we sold before, we'd only have to pay for train tickets to Heathrow anyway which would probably cost more than the car!

:biglaugh:

I think you mean scrapping....makes for a confusing read without the extra p ;) Sounds like a good plan to me, as long as you have an easy and cheap way to get to the airport from the scrap yard. I know 1 guy who even parked in airport parking and then did a runner, never to return!

I think you mean scrapping....makes for a confusing read without the extra p ;) Sounds like a good plan to me, as long as you have an easy and cheap way to get to the airport from the scrap yard. I know 1 guy who even parked in airport parking and then did a runner, never to return!

Many people do just abandon them at the airport, especially backpackers at the end of their 2 year stint in Aus

Archived