Child visa query

Dean001

My wife and I have 189 permanent resident visas. These were granted and activated last year. Our plan was to move to Oz in 2016. My wife is now pregnant and our baby is due in April 2016.

Question 1: Do we need to apply for a separate child 101 visa once the baby is born?

Question 2: If yes, do people have an updated view on the processing times of 101 visas?

The government website says processing is approximately 12months.

We have a family wedding in Australia in November 2016 so we would like to fly to Australia in time for the wedding and stay there. However, we're worried the child visa may not come through in time.

Question 3: Would this mean we'll have to fly back to the UK and wait until it comes through?

Many thanks for your help.

CaptainC many thanks for your replies. I must have been looking at the wrong category when I thought the processing time was 12 months. So to hear it is 3 months is very pleasing. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Also, we did consider having the baby in Australia but timing-wise it won't work out for us. Thanks again!

CaptainC many thanks for your replies. I must have been looking at the wrong category when I thought the processing time was 12 months. So to hear it is 3 months is very pleasing. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Also, we did consider having the baby in Australia but timing-wise it won't work out for us. Thanks again!

I suspect that for a newborn then it will be fairly quick, but don't know for sure.

We were in a similar position to the OP when we applied for a child visa earlier this year. The processing time was quoted as 8 - 12 months at the time we applied and ideally we wanted to be over in 8 months.

The good news is that they came through in about 4 months. It does help being really organised - applying for the passport and then getting all the visa forms filled in while waiting for it to be processed. And then setting up the medicals and police checks as soon as they're requested.

I would imagine that every case is different, but I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

If child is born in australia how we can submit form 1022 to DIBP or how can we add that child to current visa do you know that?

The easiest way around this is to have the child in Australia. That way the child is an Australian citizen from birth. I don't know whether your personal circumstances will allow you to do that, but it is an option.

If child is born in australia how we can submit form 1022 to DIBP or how can we add that child to current visa do you know that?

If a child is born in Australia to one or more parents that have permanent residence, then the child is an Australian citizen by birth.

Australian citizens don't need visas for Australia just like British citizens don't need visas for the UK.

Parents have TR visa sub class 475 which is temporary resident visa now applying for 887 so need to add that child.

If a child is born in Australia to one or more parents that have permanent residence, then the child is an Australian citizen by birth.

Australian citizens don't need visas for Australia just like British citizens don't need visas for the UK.

you mean first lodge application for 887 and after lodging add child to 887 with Form 1436? No child is not added to 475 even and for that they are searching way to upload the form 1022 to their old application on immi account but they could not find it till now.

immi site says fill form 1022 but did nt see the link for uploading that form anywhere. something is not clear for them there.

Ok, in that case you'll need to just add the child in as a new dependant for the 887.

Is the child currently part of the 475?

yes he is born and its been few months he was born in au

Ok. As far as I know the child cannot be added to a temporary residence visa and a visa must be applied for separately. If the child does not currently have a visa then he/she is classed as an illegal non citizen, has no right to remain in Australia, and as ridiculous as it may sound for a new born baby, is liable to be deported.

I would strongly suggest that the parents contact a registered migration agent to see what the options are for this child. I think that the child will need to apply for a visa in their own right, or if the 887 application is imminent then a bridging visa may be issued to allow the child to remain in Australia.

This is a fairly complicated case and is not likely to be covered sufficiently on a forum.

thanks captain i think you are right. i got no information about it all. they need to see an agent. i ll tell them. lets see wat happens next.

wishes and thax again

Ok. As far as I know the child cannot be added to a temporary residence visa and a visa must be applied for separately. If the child does not currently have a visa then he/she is classed as an illegal non citizen, has no right to remain in Australia, and as ridiculous as it may sound for a new born baby, is liable to be deported.

I would strongly suggest that the parents contact a registered migration agent to see what the options are for this child. I think that the child will need to apply for a visa in their own right, or if the 887 application is imminent then a bridging visa may be issued to allow the child to remain in Australia.

This is a fairly complicated case and is not likely to be covered sufficiently on a forum.

I think they need to first get the child a temporary visa and then they can add them to the 887 visa application. The 475 is closed to new applications, so they'd need to apply for a 489 for the child ---- http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/489-#. There's specific information on that web page "For family members of someone who already holds this visa or a visa in subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496".

for everyone its the whole situation to do to add a child born in au

Adding family members

Please find information regarding adding family members at the following link. Please note that spouses cannot be added to temporary visa applications (subclasses 487, 475, 489, 496) and no family members can be added to subclass 885, 886 or 887 except newborn children.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Incl

If you have had a child since the lodgement of your visa application, no visa application charge is payable. Please scan and email the following documents to skilled.support@border.gov.au:

Form 1022 – http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1022.pdf

Newborn child’s birth certificate

Newborn child’s passport

If you wish to add a dependent child (not born since the lodgement of this application) or spouse, please scan and email the following documents to skilled.support@border.gov.au:

Evidence of relationship

Form 1436 - http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1436.pdf

Please let us know what actually happens with this situation, it will be helpful if somebody asks the same question in future.

Annoisa

for everyone its the whole situation to do to add a child born in au

Adding family members

Please find information regarding adding family members at the following link. Please note that spouses cannot be added to temporary visa applications (subclasses 487, 475, 489, 496) and no family members can be added to subclass 885, 886 or 887 except newborn children.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Incl

If you have had a child since the lodgement of your visa application, no visa application charge is payable. Please scan and email the following documents to
:

Form 1022 –
http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1022.pdf

Newborn child’s birth certificate

Newborn child’s passport

If you wish to add a dependent child (not born since the lodgement of this application) or spouse, please scan and email the following documents to
:

Evidence of relationship

Form 1436 -
http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1436.pdf

wishes for everyone

Archived