Overseas visitors accessing healthcare in Perth

HappyHeart

Hi I am a practice nurse here in Perth so do the finger prick INR 's all the time, yes she can have them done just go to your GP register her make an appointment to see GP she will probably pay a standard consult fee and wouldn't get a Medicare rebate though , as would not be considered urgent care ,then the nurse will do the test and the GP will give the warfarin dose , hope that helps

She was warfarinised following a stroke (fully recovered) and INR was stable but has had recent chest infection and antibiotics have messed with INR so her Dr has advised her to have a check while here (will be here a month) and email for dose changes if it's out. It's stable at minute so it's just a precaution. So all she needs is the INR and the result really. I will ring GPs on mon but thought I'd ask on here in meantime. Thanks for help.

She was warfarinised following a stroke (fully recovered) and INR was stable but has had recent chest infection and antibiotics have messed with INR so her Dr has advised her to have a check while here (will be here a month) and email for dose changes if it's out. It's stable at minute so it's just a precaution. So all she needs is the INR and the result really. I will ring GPs on mon but thought I'd ask on here in meantime. Thanks for help.

Be sure to tell the GP that her doctor in the UK has said it's necessary - essential care should be covered under the reciprocal agreement.