Back To Uk For Interviews

Guest guest112248

Guest guest112248

Has anyone had success in securing a UK job from Oz? Looking at returning and in the position to go back for a week to hit as many places as I can for interviews. Just unsure if being here will affect my chances. I figure if I can attend interviews, it shows I am serious about the move and hope employers will see this also. I did move back previously and never got anything applying from here, so different tactic this time.

i need to secure a job, in order to meet requirements for my wife's spouse visa, so moving and then finding is not really an option.

Has anyone had success in securing a UK job from Oz? Looking at returning and in the position to go back for a week to hit as many places as I can for interviews. Just unsure if being here will affect my chances. I figure if I can attend interviews, it shows I am serious about the move and hope employers will see this also. I did move back previously and never got anything applying from here, so different tactic this time.

i need to secure a job, in order to meet requirements for my wife's spouse visa, so moving and then finding is not really an option.

Yes I secured a job offer about November last year for my return in January. I had telephone interviews, I thought they might ask me to go over for a face to face meeting or would offer me only a contract until they met me. But got a permanent job offer after two telephone interviews. Market is picking up in UK now, this was a job in London.

Yes I secured a job offer about November last year for my return in January. I had telephone interviews, I thought they might ask me to go over for a face to face meeting or would offer me only a contract until they met me. But got a permanent job offer after two telephone interviews. Market is picking up in UK now, this was a job in London.

I was able to get an internal transfer from my Sydney office to London office. Is that a possibility in your case?

Yes, definitely possible. I've had job offers further to a couple of telephone / skype interviews. Technology these days makes it very feasible, assuming you don't need to physically be in the presence of the interviewer. I would suggest it takes a bit more effort and planning, but if you are confident and competent, you should be able to secure thing without the major inconvinience of a trip back.

Guest guest112248
I was able to get an internal transfer from my Sydney office to London office. Is that a possibility in your case?

Afraid not, work for an Australian company with no UK office. However I can access cheap flights so makes trips over very realistic. Let's say well under a grand.

Yes, both my husband and I secured jobs last November (we were back in the UK for a holiday at the time), my husband still had to have a couple of extra telephone interviews once back in Australia though but we finally moved back in June of this year. I'm a Nurse and hubby an Electrician. Good luck with your job search and move xx

Depends on what you do, but the job market is good, so it's quite possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest guest112248

So good news is job offer was received based on my short trip back! Just need to get started on the spouse visa for her indoors! Excited, but containing it until we get the visa!