Visa processing time for subclass 300

Mariayasir

Hi,

can someone please tell me what is the visa processing time for subclass 300 prospective marriage (temporary) (class TO) ??? My fiancee applied it on 25th of june 2015 then later on immigration asked for more documents and we submitted the complete documents like statuary declarations etc on 30th of july 2015

so now how much time would they take after sending all the documents?? They haven't contacted us after that.. Still awaiting for the decision..

We also have registered our marriage in australia and they booked us for 2nd of December 2015

plz tell me the processing time after completing all documents.

thanks!

The official processing guideline say five months if from a low risk country and twelve months for high risk country applicant. I must admit I thought they'd were taking about eight months myself. Are you from the UK?

I think you need to rethink that wedding date, no point booking it until the visa is granted as you must not get married before.

Agree with the others.

You ou really should not book or plan a wedding till you have your visa granted. You have 9 months then iirc in which to plan and book. Should be ample time to make arrangements.

Im from pakistan but my finace applied the visa from australia. He has hired a solicitor there and the solicitor has told us to get a marriage date before applying for the visa. So we did what he said. He told us to do that because he said if u book ur wedding date before applying the visa then the immigration people gives u visa quickly and before ur marriage date.

please if someone has also applied this visa then do let me know. Plz...

The official processing guideline say five months if from a low risk country and twelve months for high risk country applicant. I must admit I thought they'd were taking about eight months myself. Are you from the UK?

I think you need to rethink that wedding date, no point booking it until the visa is granted as you must not get married before.

Nope, you won't get bumped to the front of the queue setting a wedding date. IIRC they state not to make plans like that when you apply. You get 9 months when you arrive in Aus to book, plan and have your wedding.

You say solicitor? Do you mean migration agent?

Yeah exactly that's what i meant solicitor-migration agent

Nope, you won't get bumped to the front of the queue setting a wedding date. IIRC they state not to make plans like that when you apply. You get 9 months when you arrive in Aus to book, plan and have your wedding.

You say solicitor? Do you mean migration agent?

Im from pakistan but my finace applied the visa from australia. He has hired a solicitor there and the solicitor has told us to get a marriage date before applying for the visa. So we did what he said. He told us to do that because he said if u book ur wedding date before applying the visa then the immigration people gives u visa quickly and before ur marriage date.

please if someone has also applied this visa then do let me know. Plz...

Its YOUR visa, you have to apply forit, and a subclass 300 Prospective Marriage Visa has to be applied for offshore, not within Australia.

Booking a date will not get you your visa any faster.

Archived