Things to See & Do in Newcastle NSW....

BritInBrissyAndBeyond

Hi Everyone,

So my boyfriend and I are planning on heading into Newcastle over the next few days to see what it has to offer and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or tips on what we should definitely see, do or experience. I've done a few internet searches and all the usual tourist attractions have come up, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has any insider knowledge or 'off the beaten track' suggestions.

Restaurants (especially veggie friendly ones)

Happy Hours

Historical Buildings with interesting histories

Great Views

Cool Shops

Celeb Haunts

Intimate Music Venues or live music nights

Any advice would be great! Thanks guys ❤✌

As I'm sure you know, Australia is a young country and Newcastle is even younger, so not a lot of historical buildings! They didn't start building a proper town in Newcastle until at least the 1820's, and then the 1989 earthquake knocked a few down.

I think we do have one or two Newcastle residents here, they'd be the best people to advise on restaurants etc. As for celeb haunts - would you ask where the celeb haunts were in Winchester or Tunbridge Wells? Newcastle is a lovely city to live in, but it's not a major centre!

http://www.happycow.net/australia/new_south_wales/newcastle/

I'm sure you've already got sights like the Hunter Valley wineries, the dolphins at Port Stephens and the sand dunes at Anna Bay on your list.

Archived