Visa questions - has anyone used The Emigration Group or Visa Bureau??

sweetandsnazzy33

I am having my skills assessed by AASW first. My hubby and I intend to apply for the 190 visa before we search for Jobs. The migration agents charge a fair amount but when we started thinking of emigrating we felt it was ideal to employ their services cos we were overwhelmed with the amount of info available. However I feel that our research into what needs to be done would have also pointed us in the right direction too. That said they have been very handy and will be very valuable when we reach the Visa application stage.

this is my opinion only ... we have decided to secure a visa first before a job as we have two young

children and believe it is best to enter on a permanent visa to save messing about with employer sponsorship which may affect our visa if either of us decide to quit the job early.

Hi all, has anyone had any experience using the above agency's?

I'm a social worker looking to move to Adelaide with my Son, what's the best way to get a confirmed job offer as it seems I need this before completing the visa?

any help would be appreciated :-)

No experience of using an agency but I know Paul Arthur at TEG based in Chester. He's the Director there.

Hi all, has anyone had any experience using the above agency's?

I'm a social worker looking to move to Adelaide with my Son, what's the best way to get a confirmed job offer as it seems I need this before completing the visa?

any help would be appreciated :-)

I had several consultations with The Emigration Group and they were very good. They are one of the more reputable Migration Agents. We decided to go it alone in the end for our Skills Assessment, EOI, and Visa Application, but that was nothing to do with the abilities of TEG - we simply felt we could approach it ourselves having done so much research into the whole process for a year before.

I also know a colleague who used TEG for the whole process from start to finish - which is where I heard of them, and he said much the same about how good they were and they were always at the end of a phone through whole process.

You can pay a £99 fee to them if you want a Skype consultation to discuss your personal situation and visa requirements - that's what we did.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

• 6 months later...

Hi Kell

TEG are really good especially if you are new to the whole process. We paid approx £3800 in 2013 when we started the process. This includes extras like document certification & relocationassistance/advice after visa is granted.

we are a family of 4 I don't know your situation might be different so get in touch for a quote & compare with others if you are unsure.

Thanks faithmove7 we are a family of five , we are hoping to come out on a 457 , fingers crossed we find someone to sponsor us .

You do know that a 457 is only a temporary visa and that you are very unlikely to qualify for a permanent visa - in other words, if you come on a 457, you will find yourselves going back sooner or later

Archived