RRV

CowlingAFC

No. A normal RRV is valid for 5 years but you need to have been in Australia for 2 years to get it. A 1 year RRV is issued to people who've been in Australia for less than 2 years but still qualify for an RRV for other reasons.

But if you dont come back for a certain amount of time on your first one, you might find it a lot more difficult to get a second one

From what I have read, yes. Its kind of like you got your second chance and didn't use it, they may not be keen to hand out a 3rd or more.

From what I have read, yes. Its kind of like you got your second chance and didn't use it, they may not be keen to hand out a 3rd or more.

If you've spent 2 years out of the previous 5 years in Australia on PR you automatically qualify for a 5 year RRV. Doesn't matter how many you've had before. Many people don't bother to take up Australian citizenship and so just travel on RRVs. If however you haven't been in Australia for 2 out of the last 5 years the best you can hope for is a 1 year RRV and even then you have to show you have some connection to Australia (i.e. a good reason for giving you the visa).

If you've spent 2 years out of the previous 5 years in Australia you automatically qualify for a 5 year RRV. Doesn't matter how many you've had before. Many people don't bother to take up Australian citizenship and so just travel on RRVs. If however you haven't been in Australia for 2 out of the last 5 years the best you can hope for is a 1 year RRV and even then you have to show you have some connection to Australia (i.e. a good reason for giving you the visa).

Yes, the 5 year RRV is given if you've met the 2 year timeframe. After that though, as you said, its far less certain.

I think the OP is in Aus atm but wanting to go back to the UK and then possibly return to Aus at a later date. Not sure of the time spent in Aus so far though.

So you don't automatically get a 5 year RRV if you have been here 2years?

This has been clarified on this thread and on your other thread as well several times. You are still asking the same question though, I would really suggest it is time you walk into a migration agents office and get somebody to walk you through it.

Archived