Which Australia bank?

rayrachel

I was wondering if anyone had an comments on using ANZ or NAB for setting up there accounts in the UK before heading to Australia and then if they were happy with them once using their services in Australia?

Is one better than the other or both just as good?

Thanks.

Guest Peter at NAB
I was thinking the same thing yesterday! After doing a bit of research I applied online to NAB yesterday, not had a confirmation email yet though?

Hi Shelly

I can see that we do have an application that may possibly be yours but if could give our London office a call we can confirm for definite it is your application and and that it is in process.

London: 020 7710 1930

Thanks

Peter at NAB

Guest Peter at NAB
Ok thanks guys

I was just wondering if they still charge for using another banks ATM machine and thought one bank might be better for that.

Hi Rachel

When you open an account through our Migrant Banking Process you have up to twelve months to activate the account, there is no minimum deposit required, no minimum balance and you can deposit funds to the account when you are ready to.

In terms of the ATM fees the charge is levied by the bank that owns the ATM, NAB does not charge you to use NAB/Redi ATMs.

If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call in London 020 7710 1930

Peter at NAB

Can I just say if it is based on customer service definitely go with NAB! Just had a really informative conversation with the London branch and the person I spoke to is even going to ring me Monday to confirm my account is open!

Well they win over the Commonwealth straight away lol

Well they win over the Commonwealth straight away lol

We had good service from Commonwealth while we were still in the UK. Set up our account with ease, waived fees on the account, called us a couple of times before we moved to discuss certain aspects, arranged we would have an account manager (I forget the official title they gave) for us in Aus. Were really good. Have been since we moved over too.

We had good service from Commonwealth while we were still in the UK. Set up our account with ease, waived fees on the account, called us a couple of times before we moved to discuss certain aspects, arranged we would have an account manager (I forget the official title they gave) for us in Aus. Were really good. Have been since we moved over too.

That's the whole point of what was said at the beginning of this thread.

Once here I can recommend ING. All atm's free (it's great not having to hunt for your banks atm) and 2 percent back on paywave (contactless payments) which are everywhere in oz. Also a great mobile banking app

Once here I can recommend ING. All atm's free (it's great not having to hunt for your banks atm) and 2 percent back on paywave (contactless payments) which are everywhere in oz. Also a great mobile banking app

I'm an ING customer in Canada (recently sold to another bank, now called Tangerine) and I can say they are an absolutely amazing bank.

I'm looking for a complete no-fee bank account. Don't care about branches, online/phone banking is good enough. Does ING offer this in Australia?

I'm an ING customer in Canada (recently sold to another bank, now called Tangerine) and I can say they are an absolutely amazing bank.

I'm looking for a complete no-fee bank account. Don't care about branches, online/phone banking is good enough. Does ING offer this in Australia?

It is no fee if you deposit 1k or more a month. So if you have a job it is fee free.

Archived