GOLD COAST WHERE IS BEST TO LIVE? southport-labrador-coombabah-helensvale

marie

Could someone help.

After searching on realestate.com.au I am struggling with which gold coast area to live.

ideally I would like to be near the beach so Southport and Labrador appeal to me? anyone know what they are like to live?

Alternativly the more cheaper properties appear to be in Coombabah, Helensvale? could anyone advise on these areas.

thanks in advance

I wouldn't get too caught up in choosing specific suburbs at this stage. You're certainly not going to buy before you arrive, and even getting a long lease on a place is not easy from overseas. Book into a holiday apartment for a month and then check out the different areas in person, you're less likely to make a wrong choice.

Lots of really nice places around the suburbs you mention

But each are very large and have good and bad areas

We all like different things so hard to say which would suit you best

We love Helensvale for sure and got really lucky with renting and buying...

I travel the whole of the Gold Coast with my job so I see lots of wow and not so wow

When are you moving?

Howard

Lots of really nice places around the suburbs you mention

But each are very large and have good and bad areas

We all like different things so hard to say which would suit you best

We love Helensvale for sure and got really lucky with renting and buying...

I travel the whole of the Gold Coast with my job so I see lots of wow and not so wow

When are you moving?

Howard

sorry for hijacking, but Howard, whats your thoughts on Gilston? When we were over, found bit we liked... still being developed.. 5-10 mins to highway...

Thanks Lynn

Marie I echo what others are saying, I went over for a week to look at areas and schools, we picked randomly north adn south, GC is expanding and more job opportunities. We initially thought north GC but ended up deciding south.. here's hoping hubbys job not in Brisbane or he can work from home regularly if so...

Good luck, what stage ru at?

so many people have said how lovely Helensvale is, and rental property seems to be very reasonably priced.

Ideally I would have liked to be nearer to the beach, but you appear to get more nicer houses for your money in helensvale.

Plan is to go Feb/march time to rent for first 6months then to buy once we agree on an area.

sorry for hijacking, but Howard, whats your thoughts on Gilston? When we were over, found bit we liked... still being developed.. 5-10 mins to highway...

Thanks Lynn

I've never been to Gilston so can't really give you an idea of it sorry

so many people have said how lovely Helensvale is, and rental property seems to be very reasonably priced.

Ideally I would have liked to be nearer to the beach, but you appear to get more nicer houses for your money in helensvale.

Labrador is closer to the beach and some really nice area's but you gotta choose wisely

It takes us about 10mins to the beach on a normal day

5mins to be at Westfield

50 mins to Brisbane

Theme parks about 10mins

Helensvale sounds great! We are a family, 2 young children, 6 &4 we are coming out end October,have hooked into turtle beach resort near mermaid beach, for 28 nights. Hoping that's enough time to get a more permanent rental,move in,find a school, hubby look for work etc! We like the look of a few suburbs but will choose when we have looked round. Doesn't seem real yet! And I can't stop thinking about the big spiders!! They freak me out.lol

Helensvale sounds great! We are a family, 2 young children, 6 &4 we are coming out end October,have hooked into turtle beach resort near mermaid beach, for 28 nights. Hoping that's enough time to get a more permanent rental,move in,find a school, hubby look for work etc! We like the look of a few suburbs but will choose when we have looked round. Doesn't seem real yet! And I can't stop thinking about the big spiders!! They freak me out.lol

Exciting times :)

Not seen many big spiders so don't worry about em

If I see something which is very rare its like seeing a daddy long legs in the UK (its normal) and doesn't phase me like I thought it would

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I bought in Labrador, I like the location it is pretty convenient. If they put the light rail in to this area it will be perfect. I think Southport has got a bit more pricier now due to it having this link down through surfers to broadbeach and then back up to the hospital. It's a bit up in the air at the moment. What ever happens they will connect Helensvale to the hospital at some point I believe. You should try and check out properties that might be in easy reach of the new route (if it goes ahead!!)

I have been in Aus for 10 years but spent 9 of those in Perth. I moved over to the Gold Coast last year but I also work FIFO so I dont get much time here....if anyone needs some help when they get here I would be happy to try and assist. I am 36 and fairly easy going. I also brought my mum over from UK last year she is struggling a little being here on her own at 66. She would help out as well if needed.....

Archived