457 Visa and promotion

paul566

Hi all just a quick query really, I have just been offered a promotion with the company i work for. I am a diesel mechanic and my 457 visa is as a diesel mechanic, the promotion is as an Area Service Manager. would this affect my 457 Visa

Yes, you are only permitted to work in the role you were recruited for.

You would need to contact immigration regarding the change in role and would require approval.

Hi all just a quick query really, I have just been offered a promotion with the company i work for. I am a diesel mechanic and my 457 visa is as a diesel mechanic, the promotion is as an Area Service Manager. would this affect my 457 Visa

Would you still be "on the tools"? Is the job still being a diesel mechanic albeit with some other responsibility?

It's a bit like when I was here on my 457. My visa said electronic engineering technician, but my job title had "manager" shoved in there too. I was still "on the tools".

Paul - why not get your employer to sponsor you for PR (which is a quick process) as part of you accepting the promotion ?

Also, your employer would be able to change your 457 nomination, so you certainly can accept the promotion.

all the best

Paul - why not get your employer to sponsor you for PR (which is a quick process) as part of you accepting the promotion ?

Also, your employer would be able to change your 457 nomination, so you certainly can accept the promotion.

all the best

This sounds like a good idea.

Paul, no harm in asking your employer about this I reckon!