Passport of 1 year baby< signature or thumb impression> specifically for Pakistani poms? help

strikker

hi there,,

I just wanted to ask this question about Pakistani Passport that the second page of the passport requires either a signature or thumb impression of the passport holder, with clear instructions that the passport is not valid without thumb impression or signature of the holder. I recently got a passport for my six months old daughter, and at this age neither can she sign nor does her thumbs have clear lines required for a thumb impression. I couldnt even find information for this on any website.

Can anyone tell me what should I do in such a situation. I have to apply along with my family for British Visas soon and I am wondering what to do with this scenario of the passport of my baby

Any authentic help please.

Pakiz

I assume yours isn't the first Pakistani baby to require a passport so they must have a process to deal with the need for fingerprints/signature. I'd call the embassy or passport office to ask them what's required. As long as a valid passport is issued, that should be sufficient for any visa application.

I don't know about Pakistani passports, but we have travelled with our boys - the elder is now 15 and the younger is 10. The elder does have a signature in his Australian passport and has signed visa forms when applying for visas (e.g. Chinese visa, Cambodian visa). The younger does not have a signature in the passport (from memory it says signature not required in the signature space) and was not required to sign visa applications. I presume in a Pakistani passport, the thumb print is for adults who can't write. I can't imagine the absence of a thumb print in a six month baby's passport is going to cause any problems, especially not for British immigration purposes. If the passport was issued without a thumb print, it doesn;t look like it caused any issues for Pakistani authorities either.

• 1 year later...

Archived