North Lakes/Mango Hill

tony74

Can anyone give me any info about North Lakes or Mango Hill, we have been told that these are good areas to live with young children, is there work for brickies there? are the schools good there? were going to Brisbane next year and there are just so many suburbs to consider, anyone got any ideas?

Hi, hubby's a brickie on the Gold Coast, and we toyed with the idea of going up there too. North Lakes and Halpine Lake are new estates, and they are really nice. The shopping centre is new and modern, and there are loads of parks and open spaces. A couple of members of PIO live on the estates I've mentioned, so hopefully will get in touch. A lot of the work for brickies in the papers recently seems to be northside, so you'd be well placed there, and it looks to be better paid than down on the coast; we are stopping put as been here 8 months now, we have friends here and the kids are settled in kindy; don't want to start from scratch again!

It's not too far from the beach at Redcliffe, and the Sunshine Coast is close by, with the Gold Coast being an hour or so away.

Hopefully someone who knows about schools will reply too!

Good luck,

Jo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mangomunch

Hi mate,

We are considering moving to North Lakes and have gone as far as having a house built on Halpine Lake. We choose this area after visiting many areas around Bris. We found its location is good with its road links. The area is good but check out north lakes forum. There are some bad points on there, but i never saw any problems while i was there. As for work there was plenty 18 months ago i`m a sparks. There are some good deals on new builds at the moment so i don`t know if the housing market is slowing a bit regarding work for yourself. Redcliffe beach is about 15 mins drive away its popular.Not golden sand but ok try Bribie about 25 mins north really nice beach. North Lakes is about 5 years from completion yet. I like it and if we decide to go, Still not sure if to leave England yet.

I`ll give you the bad point. Gets dark around 6.30 at night. Mossies at dusk. Appart from that you get a nice house, good weather might be too hot dec and jan with humid. Second hand cars are expensive but petrols about $1.60L.

Hope this helps

Archived