Have I messed up? Level IV Commercial Cookery via Vetassess and not TRA?

lukescotty

Hi guys

My head is really mashed at the moment. I've just gone to submit an EOI for a 189 Visa. When selecting Chef and then Vetassess for the assessment body, it says 'the nominated occupation is not associated with the assessing authority'

Have I just wasted my last 5 months being assessed (cert IV commercial cookery) by the wrong people?

If any one could shed me some light, I'd be so appreciative, I'm currently eyeing up a bottle of gin on the top shelf

Kind Regards

Luke

Currently in Australia, Brisbane : Vetassess Result Successful 10/07/2015

Hi guys

My head is really mashed at the moment. I've just gone to submit an EOI for a 189 Visa. When selecting Chef and then Vetassess for the assessment body, it says 'the nominated occupation is not associated with the assessing authority'

Have I just wasted my last 5 months being assessed (cert IV commercial cookery) by the wrong people?

If any one could shed me some light, I'd be so appreciative, I'm currently eyeing up a bottle of gin on the top shelf

Kind Regards

Luke

Hi Luke

I feel for you. I've just looked at the SOL and it clearly says TRA as the assessing authority for a chef. If these another related category on the SOL that VETASSES covers ?? I've attached a link below for you.

Why was it you thought of Vetasses in the first place ?? And if it was for a chef - WHY would Vetassess do an assessment ? surely they have a list of trades they are qualified to assess??

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL

I'm not an expert so don't hold me to this! Lol but I also got very confused with this yesterday. My husband is a refrigeration mechanic, if you look at the SOL it says he needs his skills assessed by TRA. But if you go through as many pages as I did on the TRA website when you click on his occupation it tells you their (whatever the technical term is RTO something or other) is VETASSESS. I don't know how the TRA works exactly but seems they have other assessing authorities do their assessment s for them??

Again, I'm no expert lol based on my research yesterday lol but have a look anyway ..

Well at least for last years list chefs was definitely vetassess, I'm still waiting the out come of my practical exam. This is the first I've heard of any changes like that..My agent hasn't mentioned any changes for the assessors.

Now I'm scared :/

Hi guys

Kind Regards

Luke

You should be fine Luke. VETASSESS do the assessment on behalf of TRA. What does your skills assessment say?

Cheers Pommie, RebeccaMatt, Azh, CaptainC for the replies!!

Its so confusing! you read something more than twice and it gets worse

I've uploaded a few images, on my Vetassess Results letter it says

"VETASSESS has been contracted by Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) to conduct skills assessments in certain countries on its behalf. As VETASSESS has been contracted by TRA for the purposes of conducting skills assessments on TRA's behalf, that assessment will be considered as assessment by TRA for the purposes of the Migration Regulations 1994"

vetaaresize.jpg

Which now brings me to this:

EOI.jpg

Do I just select TRA when submitting the EOI? or do i now need to go to TRA to get the Vetassess Cert transferred over to them.

Azh: has your Agent said anything to do this or not?

Another photo here from what RebeccaMatt mentioned with the RTO

TRARTO.jpg

Thanks for your time guys and girls!

Very much appreciated

vetaaresize.jpg

TRARTO.jpg

EOI.jpg

I found my Vetassess allocated agent pretty annoying. I always had to chase her up, I even received a phone call whilst I was at work, asking me if i was lost... I said why? 'You should be here doing your interview'.... no one told me, no phone call, 100% no emails. My Vetasess allocated agent forgot to send me the email with the Exam date or a letter, I asked her, why she couldn't have given me a phone call..

Anyways, I too had completed the technical interview and they was waiting for my First Aid Cert. I sent a digital copy... I had no reply or letter for result, I let 10 working days pass and rang up to find out where it was.... Oh she said, you haven't sent a hard copy of your first aid. Am like are you joking? you've kept my results waiting and if hadnt have rang up to find out, I would have been waiting and waiting

I got straight onto CBD first aid, please send me one direct to vetassess and one to my house. I emailed them to tell me as soon as they received my First Aid Cert to let me know, other wise i'll be sending mine (second one) straight down.

Of course no notification

I rang them up a few days later asking if theyd received my First Aid Cert, oh yes, we have it here... omg :0 .... Ok whats my result? 'sorry i cant tell you' 'but you can check online'

I went straight online and it said next to my outcome 'Successful'

then waited another week for the cert to turn up.

Have you checked yours online AZH?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I've recently received a positive assessment from vetassess and just wondered if they had advised you on how many years experience they gave you to claim points for? I was under the impression that they gave you that along with the cert III, but apparently not? I want 5 years experience for qld, which I have in this country but not sure how I find out what I have been given by them, any ideas?!

Hi guys,

I've recently received a positive assessment from vetassess and just wondered if they had advised you on how many years experience they gave you to claim points for? I was under the impression that they gave you that along with the cert III, but apparently not? I want 5 years experience for qld, which I have in this country but not sure how I find out what I have been given by them, any ideas?!

I'm fairly certain that vetassess will provide an opinion on work experience but this will attract an additional fee.