40' shipping container

adele244

Hi there,

My hubby is a tradie and we will no way fit our furniture and all his tools in a 20' container, no way in the world.

I just wondered if anyone has had a 40' I have searched the threads and 20' seems to be the most popular.

I have budgeted around £4,000 but I really think I'm deluded!!!

If anyone could enlighten me what they paid for a 40' it would be much appreciated

Thanks...Adele x

Are you sure he wants to bring all his tools? Aus has surprised me, although only a DIY'er I like to have good tools and bought AEG, Dewalt, Snap On etc and bought them all over. Get here and find tools same as or better are in fact cheaper here and more specific for the job.

40 foot will cost you a lot more, circa 7-8k and will be a logistical nightmare as they are huge.

S

We've had a quote from 1 company so far which was just under £4k for a 20ft. And when he was here, we were told it is around another £2k for a 40ft. Like I say only had 1 quote so far, getting 2 more next week, but I imagine they will be fairly similar in price.

Costs when a 40 arrives are higher too. AQUIS Etc.

seriously declutter and they can fit a lot in a 20 ft. People fit cars and house contents in 40 footers.

I would definitely recommend the decluttering too. It may be better to leave some furniture and go with a 20' unless it is very special to you. Things aren't expensive over here (certainly not in our experience) and you can also get great quality furniture from gumtree - some people sell their nearly new furniture when they come back to the UK so you can fit a whole house out for less than $1000. You would have to have really nice furniture and good quality tools to make it worthwhile paying £7 - 8,000 for shipping.

Archived