Visa 187 Questions and Dilemma

Joseph23

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding Visa 187, I hope you guys could clarify them for me.

Firstly, let me explain my situation to you guys. I did my engineering course in an Australian university back in 2008 to 2012 and now I am still in Australia working as an engineer in a big and reputable consulting company in Perth. The reason why I am heading this 186/187 route to apply for my PR is because I do not have enough points for Visa 189 and am struggling with IELTS(band 7). At the moment, I have 55 out of 60 points. Before this, I got it all planned out to submit my visa 190 application when I turn 25 year old this year until recently the government raised the English score required(band 7) to get state nomination, so now I am back to square one.

So the only choices left are 186/187 but let’s just focus on 187 due to the fact that 186 is strictly for people holding 457 or with 3 years working experience which I am neither of them(told by agent). I have worked ~1.5 years full time as a permanent staff with this company. Only 1.5 years you may ask? Due to the current market condition, engineers are the ones who get hit the hardest. I struggled to look for a job after I graduated in 2013.

I have spoken to my company’s human resources department and they are happy to assist me with employer nomination scheme which they have done it previously for other employees. But before I approach them again, I would like to know the process/documents required.

1. What do I need from them to submit my application?

2. Does the company need to prove anything to the immigration? i.e. financial status of the company. (This company had some redundancies for the past few months, not sure if this will have an effect on my chances)

3. Is the immigration requirement stringent or they merely make it harder than they look?

4. Am I eligible to apply for this 187 at all? (I am not on 457)

Please feel free to suggest anything that could possibly ease my application.

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding Visa 187, I hope you guys could clarify them for me.

Firstly, let me explain my situation to you guys. I did my engineering course in an Australian university back in 2008 to 2012 and now I am still in Australia working as an engineer in a big and reputable consulting company in Perth. The reason why I am heading this 186/187 route to apply for my PR is because I do not have enough points for Visa 189 and am struggling with IELTS(band 7). At the moment, I have 55 out of 60 points. Before this, I got it all planned out to submit my visa 190 application when I turn 25 year old this year until recently the government raised the English score required(band 7) to get state nomination, so now I am back to square one.

So the only choices left are 186/187 but let’s just focus on 187 due to the fact that 186 is strictly for people holding 457 or with 3 years working experience which I am neither of them(told by agent). I have worked ~1.5 years full time as a permanent staff with this company. Only 1.5 years you may ask? Due to the current market condition, engineers are the ones who get hit the hardest. I struggled to look for a job after I graduated in 2013.

I have spoken to my company’s human resources department and they are happy to assist me with employer nomination scheme which they have done it previously for other employees. But before I approach them again, I would like to know the process/documents required.

1. What do I need from them to submit my application?

2. Does the company need to prove anything to the immigration? i.e. financial status of the company. (This company had some redundancies for the past few months, not sure if this will have an effect on my chances)

3. Is the immigration requirement stringent or they merely make it harder than they look?

4. Am I eligible to apply for this 187 at all? (I am not on 457)

Please feel free to suggest anything that could possibly ease my application.

1. For a 187, 2 applications are required by your employer and 1 application by you. Regional Certification, Nomination and Visa.

2. The documents that the employer needs to provide are extensive and include financial documents.

3. Don't know what you mean by this. The criteria must be met.

4. Can not comment based on what you have posted as there is insufficient information. A public forum is probably not the best place to assess eligibility as most information is quite general and not case specific.

• 1 month later...
What visa are you on now?

Sorry for the late reply, I'm currently under my mum's visa 165. But i would like to apply for my own PR as soon as possible instead of waiting for that 4 years period. That 165 Visa is no longer available and I am afraid of taking the chances hoping that I will be alright to apply for PR by the end of this 165 Visa.

Agent told us that the chance of getting PR from this Visa 165 is high, but still its not guaranteed. What are your thoughts on this?

1. For a 187, 2 applications are required by your employer and 1 application by you. Regional Certification, Nomination and Visa.

2. The documents that the employer needs to provide are extensive and include financial documents.

3. Don't know what you mean by this. The criteria must be met.

4. Can not comment based on what you have posted as there is insufficient information. A public forum is probably not the best place to assess eligibility as most information is quite general and not case specific.

Does that mean I have to get my employer to apply for a regional certification and nomination? Currently the company i work with has a "break even" financial state. Is this good enough for them to justify to immigration for taking me in?

Edited by Joseph23