457 Visa, why the delay

Moomoo

I know and I have read thru so many times on this question but still did not stop me for trying to have an answer and will greatly appreciate to hear from anyone out there. We have summit doc. to DIBP since 12 May, medical on 4th June and last week my MA send an email stating DIBP says it is in the process of being assessed. Can anyone enlighten me why it is taking so long or it is the normal? Feeling really frustrated as my life is on hold.

I know and I have read thru so many times on this question but still did not stop me for trying to have an answer and will greatly appreciate to hear from anyone out there. We have summit doc. to DIBP since 12 May, medical on 4th June and last week my MA send an email stating DIBP says it is in the process of being assessed. Can anyone enlighten me why it is taking so long or it is the normal? Feeling really frustrated as my life is on hold.

I would say anything between a couple of weeks to a few months is perfectly normal. A smaller number would be either quicker or slower than that.

Thanks Bungo, has anyone been rejected at this stage?

Moomoo, from what I've experienced with 457 visas, if case officer requested your medical exams it is very unlikely your visa will be rejected. Hope that can give you some peace of mind :)

15 weeks is a long time, did u try to get in touch with them? I m really at ends as I have someone wanting buy over my business but I cannot let go till I have my visa in hand and hope by then they are still interested. We had started organizing this whole application from Dec 2014, with the sponsorship and nomination and this stage seems to be forever. Not even our MA have any idea why as she have email once to them and their answer is "in the process of assessment " so she thinks we should just wait and not bother them too much. Guess we just have to be very very patient .

Totally feel your pain. I am already here in Aus. My company sponsored me on a 457 but for some reason made an error last year, and did my original 457 for a year, so had to make a whole new application. Was told would find out in 1-2 weeks. That was a week and 3 days ago. Although they have given me a bridging visa until they have come to a decision which isn't ideal as will need to consider where will move to and potentially another job. Just don't understand what the hold up is.

Totally feel your pain. I am already here in Aus. My company sponsored me on a 457 but for some reason made an error last year, and did my original 457 for a year, so had to make a whole new application. Was told would find out in 1-2 weeks. That was a week and 3 days ago. Although they have given me a bridging visa until they have come to a decision which isn't ideal as will need to consider where will move to and potentially another job. Just don't understand what the hold up is.

You call a week and three days a hold up?

Perhaps it is because yours is not the only application being dealt with right now.

You call a week and three days a hold up?

Perhaps it is because yours is not the only application being dealt with right now.

Yes Bungo, actually I do, considering if it is declined I have 4 weeks to pack up my belongings here, send them back to the UK and source myself somewhere else to live and another job. Each person's case is equally as important to them as the next.

Whoever told you you would hear in 1-2 weeks was optimistic. Most 457 applications take 4-8 weeks. If it's basically a renewal of your previous visa and the employer continues to meet the obligations for sponsorship, you should have nothing to worry about. But I know it's difficult to breathe easy until the grant is in your hands.

Whoever told you you would hear in 1-2 weeks was optimistic. Most 457 applications take 4-8 weeks. If it's basically a renewal of your previous visa and the employer continues to meet the obligations for sponsorship, you should have nothing to worry about. But I know it's difficult to breathe easy until the grant is in your hands.

If not longer........ MaggieMay is right in saying 1-2 weeks was optimistic. My MA told us it will be soon but it is one week after another. Friday, hope some of us will bring some good news or we will all have to wait for next week. I am going bongus checking emails and the anxiety is killing. Guess all of us that is waiting is biting our nails. :sad::sad:

Yes Bungo, actually I do, considering if it is declined I have 4 weeks to pack up my belongings here, send them back to the UK and source myself somewhere else to live and another job. Each person's case is equally as important to them as the next.

Yes all cases are important to the applicant. That is why there is a queue.

• 5 weeks later...
same here we have been waiting since may for approval and nomination approval with my business sponsor , and looking like might be another 2 days to 2 months i am being told today , so very frustrating

Hi Mark, u have your visa yet? I m still waiting waiting......

Archived