order in which visa applicants 'land'

JonSmile

Hi,

I know that on my 189 - as the primary applicant - I have to 'land' first before my wife and daughter - which has not happened yet.

Now, say they want to come over to Aus on holiday to look at schools and rental properties - but before I can arrive and active my 189.

Do they now apply for additional tourist visas to have a visit and then say fly to NZ, I meet them there and then we all fly from NZ to Aus and 'land' under 189 visas?

Is this a problem? Will applying for a tourist visa mess up their granted dependent 189 visas?

Does this sound a possibility?

I know it would be easier to either all come at once, or even for me to arrive first on a very short term in and out flight but just looking at all the options open. I have seen a return flight on Vietnam Airlines for about £500 so I could do a quick in and out - but the transfer is horrid and I expect the in air entertainment will not be very english!

Your thoughts please

Thanks

Jon

Why do you think you have to go to Australia first? This is certainly not standard, it is a condition that is imposed upon som people, but less and less these days. Does your visa grant actually say that you need to validate your visa first? Or does it have any conditions, which are normally shown as four digit codes?

If you do have the condition, then you need to travel either with or ahead of your family. They most definitly should not get a tourist visa to travel.

Hi Bungo,

Thanks!

I was relying on information I was given at one of those exhibitions in London where they said that I as the primary applicant had to land first to activate my 189 and then the rest of the family could follow. I also seem to recall someone from my MA team saying the same (but I could have imagined that!)

So the good news for me is that the visas all have 'Visa Conditions NIL' on them - meaning my slightly twisted (and expensive) plans can be ignored and the girls can just arrive..

Happy days :)

Hi Bungo,

Thanks!

I was relying on information I was given at one of those exhibitions in London where they said that I as the primary applicant had to land first to activate my 189 and then the rest of the family could follow. I also seem to recall someone from my MA team saying the same (but I could have imagined that!)

So the good news for me is that the visas all have 'Visa Conditions NIL' on them - meaning my slightly twisted (and expensive) plans can be ignored and the girls can just arrive..

Happy days :)

Yes they can, with no conditions any one of you can enter Auatrakia first.

I know that on my 189 - as the primary applicant - I have to 'land' first before my wife and daughter - which has not happened yet.
I might have missed something on my grant but I wasn't aware any such condition existed as long as you all land within the time allotted?

I might have missed something on my grant but I wasn't aware any such condition existed as long as you all land within the time allotted?

There is such a condition, which is sometimes there and sometimes not. You have to check your own visa grant letter to know if you got it.

Some visas may have condition 8502 which says the primary applicant must enter first, but if you don't have this condition, then you can arrive in any order.

If your dependents have an 189 visa, you definitely do NOT want to get them tourist visas as they would over-ride the 189 visa.

It was on our 187 visa in 2014.

if it is there it is clear on the letter and you must abide by it. Once you have the visa DO NOT apply for tourist visas as they may cancel your 189. The rule is last visa granted cancels all others.

You must also ALL validate the visa by entering Australia before the 'must make first entry by date.' Everyone has their own visa.

Archived