motorbike query

Guest Val Diffin

Guest Val Diffin

hope someone can help, we are moving to Adelaide in August and are using Crown Relocation to move our belongings,my husband wants to take his 2 motorbikes with him,1 is a Suzuki GSXR 750 and the other is a Yamaha RD 350 which he has restored but not been built back up again(lots of sentimental attachment).Crown has said that he can only take 1 bike and he is gutted,does anyone know if its true you can only take one and is there a way round it to take both. :unsure:cheers from Val and Cameron

not sure why he can only bring one ,unless its to do with the space in your container ,hubby sold up and bought again here but i can understand wanting to bring the RD.Id be tempeted to sell the GSXR and buy another once here.Did you ask Crown why they said you can only bring one? im intrigued,

Cal x

hi guys

i also have an rd400 that id love to take in our container / i was told that its very expensive to take a bike / import taxes and so on ..

if i was to strip the bike down again can i take it in the container in bits ?

does any body know ?

cheers keily ..

Guest Val Diffin

hi Cal, Crown said its aussie regulations, the rd is in bits in shed so i thought if he transferred it to my name then i could take it as my bike and the gsxr is a limited edition and its his baby lol so he wants to take it over,i'll get back to you if i hear anymore cheers

Can you not send it as a seperate shipment in your name.Does he mean only one per container?Crown are pretty good ,so have you asked them straight out if theres a way,i.e sending it in a shred container or as a seperate shipment? ask them what would happen if you 'sold' it to someone over here,so therotically its theirs ,but had to ship it out with your stuff? does that make sense,lol

Cal x

Guest Colin R

Hi there we did bring 2 bikes into Australia but one was an off road bike so that was Ok and in the end did not need a permit?? you are allowed to bring in 1 bike per year as a personal import. If it is in bits ( or not put together fully ) could you not ship it as parts in container and rebuild once you are here and then get a roadworthy certificate. All I can say though is it was easier to ship 2 shotguns and a rifle in the container than 2 motorbikes. It wasnt too costly but customs couldnt work out the duty for ages and it held our container up. After a year we could if we wanted too ship another motorbike in .

Archived