a 2nd working holiday visa? if you have proof you didnt work on your first? help!

thelaurakate

I have spat it out and too bad not to you liking but there you go. So you would have read then that it was a general comment on the WHV and not a personal judgement on an individual to which neither you nor I have any idea to what personal circumstances may mean and neither do we need to. The WHV is of duration and one could reasonably expect most would probably be able to return in said time frame.

There are few things in life where I can think that at times some will/may be unfairly treated. I have just paid $1600 as a deposit towards a long holiday in early 17. Now that deposit it was clearly stated will not be retuned for any reason. A lot can happen over such a time frame but I paid up with that knowledge.

I just don't get why you started talking about "abuse" ? All that happened was someone had to go home and asked if they could get a second visa. For some reason you seemed to think that because they didn't work while holding the WHv they had abused the system.

maybe just bad use of words, but suggesting someone has abused their visa rules really doesn't go down well, especially when they have not broken any rules at allM

I just don't get why you started talking about "abuse" ? All that happened was someone had to go home and asked if they could get a second visa. For some reason you seemed to think that because they didn't work while holding the WHv they had abused the system.

maybe just bad use of words, but suggesting someone has abused their visa rules really doesn't go down well, especially when they have not broken any rules at allM

I have no idea if the poster abused or not and did not suggest that I did know. What I do know is the WHV is for a nominated period from take up and don't see much scope in debating that. As far as abuse goes I would say far more on the visa are likely abused than abuse the system.

This visa has grown in numbers out of all proportion and with it the abuse from reports I hear. Just to make clear I am not against it by any means. Probably too many now coming considering the numbers here unemployed but that's another thing.

Yes I have come across over stayers on my travels. Would I put them in? (dob in in Aussie speak) No chance.

I went at the beginning of this year for 6 weeks with the intention of staying for the year on a WHV. Got a job and everything. Granddad got taken into hospital and was told he has a few days, if that, left in him. Literally got the next flight out of Perth. He died about 3 hours before I landed back in the UK. Absolute heartache. But yes, I left due to horrible circumstances.

The best part now is that I have benefited from coming back as I now can start sorting out my 189 visa.

Where there's a cloud....

I have no idea if the poster abused or not and did not suggest that I did know. What I do know is the WHV is for a nominated period from take up and don't see much scope in debating that. As far as abuse goes I would say far more on the visa are likely abused than abuse the system. This visa has grown in numbers out of all proportion and with it the abuse from reports I hear. Just to make clear I am not against it by any means. Probably too many now coming considering the numbers here unemployed but that's another thing. Yes I have come across over stayers on my travels. Would I put them in? (dob in in Aussie speak) No chance.

Sorry am I missing something here?

I don't actually understand how you can abuse a WHV visa please explain?

It is a visa that allows you to stay a year - but you don't have to if you don't want to - you just don't get a 2nd.

You can work - but you don't have to - if you don't you just don't get a 2nd.

It is in your name soley and attached to your passport number. Please explain how this can be abused? Apart from over-staying which is not what this post is about?

Sorry am I missing something here?

I don't actually understand how you can abuse a WHV visa please explain?

It is a visa that allows you to stay a year - but you don't have to if you don't want to - you just don't get a 2nd.

You can work - but you don't have to - if you don't you just don't get a 2nd.

It is in your name soley and attached to your passport number. Please explain how this can be abused? Apart from over-staying which is not what this post is about?

Yes I know the reg's around it. My issue being someone can claim not to have worked( but did so under the table) as some moral sense of justification towards regaining lost time. Not an issue I'm overly concerned about. My argument being the poster may well have been able to resume original visa after attending to personal reasons for returning home.

Archived