Who else is completing the 'Partner Visa' from the UK?

Major Tom

Hi,

currently going through the Partner Visa, I submitted in January this year. I am having Go Matilda complete mine, but there has been a few questions regarding my other half, as she been here for 20yrs but has never taken UK citizenship , but her indefinite leave to remain stamp has been lost in a previous passport, so we are having to apply for a biometric system stamp, this could take up to 6 months apparently if there are any problems.................hopefully this will be back in a few weeks as it's straight forward, then it's Health and Police checks for me to complete in October.

another question, I was informed that I could of applied for this from within Australia, but I would have not been able to work whilst this was being processed, is this correct, as I read last night on the Home Office different?

Cheers MT

Hi,

currently going through the Partner Visa, I submitted in January this year. I am having Go Matilda complete mine, but there has been a few questions regarding my other half, as she been here for 20yrs but has never taken UK citizenship , but her indefinite leave to remain stamp has been lost in a previous passport, so we are having to apply for a biometric system stamp, this could take up to 6 months apparently if there are any problems.................hopefully this will be back in a few weeks as it's straight forward, then it's Health and Police checks for me to complete in October.

another question, I was informed that I could of applied for this from within Australia, but I would have not been able to work whilst this was being processed, is this correct, as I read last night on the Home Office different?

Cheers MT

What has an Aussie Spouse Visa got to do with the Home Office?!

If you had come to Australia as a tourist, and then decided to stay you could have applied onshore for a Spouse Visa. When the tourist visa expired you would have got a Bridging Visa. Bridgng Visas for people waiting for grants of Spouse Visa have ful working rights, so basically yes, if you had applied onshore you would have been able to work whilewaiting for the grant.

Is there a reason she did not apply for citizenship? The indefinite leave to remain will eventually expire if she is out of the UK. If you then want to return she will need a spouse visa for UK. More hassle and getting harder to do. Have you looked at the requirements for this. A few posters have regretted not doing so.

My other half when she first arrived in the UK in 1995, she would have had to give up her Aussie Passport, which she said she will never do!

The Guy that is handling my Visa at Go Matilda, said she could now apply for dual citizenship, because she has been here so long, she is what he referred to as 'naturalised', is this correct?

Cheers MT

My other half when she first arrived in the UK in 1995, she would have had to give up her Aussie Passport, which she said she will never do!

The Guy that is handling my Visa at Go Matilda, said she could now apply for dual citizenship, because she has been here so long, she is what he referred to as 'naturalised', is this correct?

Cheers MT

If she qualifies for UK citizenship, she can now hold both. There have been times when that wasn't possible, but both Australia and the UK allow dual citizenship now.

Cheers MT

Fair enough I wouldn't give up UK citizenship to take Aussie tbh But if she can now have both it is a no brainer!

Archived