Arrived

Captain Roberto

We got in about 36 hours ago.

It's nice here so far. We're only just getting stuff sorted today though as yesterday was Sunday. We decided just to be tourists and take a ride on the Manly Ferry for the cheap 'Sunday Funday' travel tickets.

It's cold at night, just as everyone said it would be. But nice and warm in the day.

We're in Rockdale for the next 4 weeks @vickyplum as we needed a place that would take us and our dog. But hoping to get a place on the north shore after that. How's it going with you?

I remember now. What's it like there? I've only ever been through on the train.

It's going well here thanks. Still at the father in law's but have been fortunate enough to have been in Chatswood for the past week, at a relative's place. Sadly they are back this week so the long commute will continue again from next week. But it's a small inconvenience, whilst waiting for longer term gain...!

I remember now. What's it like there? I've only ever been through on the train.

It's ok. The house in a nice bit. Rockdale centre also seems pretty good. It's urban-ish, near the train line. We've only been here 2.5 days, so still shaking off jet-leg. We visited some people we got to know in Killara yesterday, which isn't too far from Chatswood. Seems all bush and big houses up that way.

Will update once we get it together a bit. Still working out what's where and doing all those bits today (TFN, Medicare etc)

• 3 weeks later...

I am flying to Sydney with my wife next month and I will be staying there 4 whole days and we are back on the 5th day. I will stay in Paramatta or in Olympic Park as one of my friend is staying there.

Can anyone suggest an itinerary to spend the 4 days in Sydney? How can we spend our time there? Top 10 attractions or places to see in Sydney?

I would prefer to book a hotel near the train station. Is it a better option?

How about hiring taxis there and the daily food expenses?

I am glad to hear your responses

Pranavan

Hi,

I am still looking a superb to live but I wish to make it as a leisure trip so I would like to spend some time in Sydney.

I am glad, if you could provide a detail itinerary for sight seeing places on each day say Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4

We are back on the 5th day and hope we won't have enough time so we won't bother.

Pranavan

So did you ever decide on a suburb to live? Or are you still looking.

I am been away from this forum for quite a few weeks. Last I read you were still deciding on locations.

Cool @Dafyddowen - been crazy busy. Not had a minute to chill. Moving to the north shore in the morning

There's many different Sydneys. One area is quite different to another. It's pretty expensive for rent but not bad for everything else.

What might work for you or anyone else depends on tastes, circumstances etc

The big city is really cool. But it is a big city.

The shire is really nice - just like they say. Eastern suburbs also cool but probably not good for the family vibe unless you have deep pockets.

Anyway - best to make own mind up I think. You need a car here.

Not got to loads of it yet. Work is full on for me. So having to put max effort in.

I am glad, if you could provide a detail itinerary for sight seeing places on each day say Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4

No way! I am not a travel agent :laugh:

Buy yourself a copy of Lonely Planet travel guide to Australia or more specifically Sydney - you can then plan your own itinerary.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/australia/sydney

The ThornTree forum on Lonely Planet can be helpful too

Hi,

I am still looking a superb to live but I wish to make it as a leisure trip so I would like to spend some time in Sydney.

We are back on the 5th day and hope we won't have enough time so we won't bother.

Pranavan

There is a good book "Seven Days In Sydney". Might be worth your while to purchase a copy. I used to hand it to visitors we had when living in Sydney.

We just moved house to Killara/Gordon

Ohh very posh :smile:lovely areas.

Although I nearly froze to death at Gordon station this morning. Not so lovely.

You are lucky to be close to both Lane Cove National Park and Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. Both fantastic for family outings / picnics / BBQs / fishing / activities. Especially bushwalking and boating at Bobbin Head in Ku-ring-gai Chase.

Archived