Visas 189, 190 & 489's ++ Lodged 2015 - The wait is nearly over

cherries002

Well we are only a couple of days away now from the 1st july. Lets hope we all get to hear quickly regarding visa allocations for the 2015/16 allocations. The past 6 months since I lodged has been a turmoil of emotions. Everything has been put on hold, work colleagues forever asking me if I have the visa yet, logging onto the Immigration website 5+ times a night when on a night shift (just in case of course !!) viewing hundreds of properties in Australia which I think would be nice to live in. Selling the house yet no visa has arrived. Family and friends believing as its been so long we musnt be going now.... Just another couple weeks and I wander what we shall all be doing.....

Once you get your visa, whats the first thing your gonna do ???? After Ive told everyone and celebrated Id like to book the flights ! eek !!

Good luck everyone, nearly there now:wink:

I can't even think like that!!! You sound so positive, I don't think I'll believe it at first... Might keep to myself, drag my husband to the pub and order a bottle of champagne... Then get excited/ jump up and down/ plan!!!! It's been sooooo long I can't believe we are nearly there... Are we nearly there aaahhhhhhhhhh!!! Xxxx

I can't even think like that!!! You sound so positive, I don't think I'll believe it at first... Might keep to myself, drag my husband to the pub and order a bottle of champagne... Then get excited/ jump up and down/ plan!!!! It's been sooooo long I can't believe we are nearly there... Are we nearly there aaahhhhhhhhhh!!! Xxxx

Sounds like a good plan. We went to a lovely Chinese restaurant last year which turned out to be mega expensive, I said last year that if we get the visa we'll go again to celebrate... If it comes through I might just book it, get the family in the car and turn up...

Oh god I'm having the same exact feeling and feels nice to know somebody is experiencing the same :wink: we have lodged for a visa on 11th of Feb "15 and CO requested additional document on 31st of March, submitted on 12th April and waited. nothing...its really tough waiting and not knowing, come July. if we hear a good news, the one we've been waiting and hoping for, it will be the pub :wink: . good luck to all and hope it won't take much longer

Cheers

Aw good luck everyone and please let us know when you hear anything!! We are living in a caravan and have been waiting to hear before making any plans, trying our best to get on with life but the fact is waiting to hear is massive and either way our lives are going to change, I am so excited but also nervous and it's so nice to know you guys are in the same boat! Not long to go now..... 5 days!!! X

I just hope that they don't leave us too long post 1st July. They've had the visa applications for 3 months plus so hopefully next week could be make or break time for most of us. I'm on nights all week so I can see me being a immigration stalker once again. Once it's over I don't know what I'll do with myself, guess all being well we shall be busy with the house contents.

Im a newbie i may say :) just lodged our visa yesterday, trying to avoid the changes in rules that might affect us :) i know we will be waiting for long and its really overwhelming, but i know one day we will all be living in our Australian dream lets keep our faith alive.. Me and my family are currently living here in Melbourne for almost 4 years now through 457 visa, and we are in transition to PR through visa 190 :) it is indeed a nice place to lice in.

Im a newbie i may say :) just lodged our visa yesterday, trying to avoid the changes in rules that might affect us :) i know we will be waiting for long and its really overwhelming, but i know one day we will all be living in our Australian dream:wink:lets keep our faith alive.. Me and my family are currently living here in Melbourne for almost 4 years now through 457 visa, and we are in transition to PR through visa 190 :) it is indeed a nice place to lice in.

Awe thats nice, at least you are already there and after the 1st July theyll be ready to dish those visas out again. Im sure yours will be very straight forward and youll be permanent residencies before long. Where abouts in Melbourne are you?

Hi @cherries002, ty for your positive thoughts :) were living and working here at Tullamarine, our suburb is where the airport is located because my hubby sponsoring company in 457 is an aviation company thats why were near the airport but it is a very peaceful place, very nice for the kids , you can take the tram straight away to the City :) where are you right now? I hope youll be here soon:wink:

Do you think on the 1st July we will hear?!!! Or from then try might start granting....aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Fingers crossed lots of grants come through on 1 July, but I have a feeling that it may take a while to clear the backlog. I got an email saying my application has everything required (it sounds like a few people have got these) so I'd hope the actual grant process would be straightforward. But nothing about the process has been very quick, so I'm not holding my breath!

Omg not sure if we got that email as going though agent, first CO requested mess and PCCs, second co requested my old passport and current one and no one knows why... submitted all that last Monday and nada....... Have everything crossed and so excited for everyone, please let ours be a yes this week!