Criminal Record / PNC in UK

PomCop

Evening all

I was wondering if you had a Criminal Record / Custody Record / PNC intelligence and you got your 189 Visa Granted, does that go to Australia with you? I.e. Does it transfer over to their systems? When applying for jobs do you need to put down XYZ happened in England? Or do you get a "new slate" so to say?

Would I be right in saying that as far as immigration goes, Australia aren't interested in criminal history if you've not spent 12 months in prison / suspended sentence or something?

Ta.

It's not that they're not interested if you haven't had 12 months in prison it's just not as significant. However, if you'd repeatedly been in trouble with the police over a period of time then they'll probably look a little more closely at the application. You should declare everything - some people have ticked no to convictions only for their police check to come up as no live trace. Many people write an accompanying letter, detailing the offence, how they've not been in trouble since and some have included a character reference also.

Criminal records are not carried over as such. Though there is nothing to stop a company asking for your UK record and place checks are very common here.

The he effect on getting a visa depends not just on the length of sentance but also on the offences. It may be worth speaking to an agent.

Archived