The immigration advisory service ???Have they gone bust???

Gerrymoo2000

Registered migration agents must display their OMARA registration number of their website/s.

If you see one on a website, verify with the OMARA: https://www.mara.gov.au/

If you do not see an OMARA registration number, move on.

NZ and Canada have stopped unregistered agents.

Australia has declined to do so. It has been suggested that this is because they would have to stop 'education agents' who are for the most part unregulated and unaccountable and often give advice that leads nowhere except the bank. Australian immigration and course providers have their snoutsts well and truly in this trough.

If the OP wants to contact me I will have a look at possible visa strategies, but I will not advise about how to deal with the outstanding representation issues.

• 4 weeks later...

It would seem we've been scammed as well by the Teaching Australia Ltd arm of this organisation. We've already paid £1200 to them because we saw the MARA logo on their website and stupidly didn't think to actually check on the MARA website to see if they actually are registered. I like the idea of a class action lawsuit against these people. They can't be allowed to continue.

I wonder if it's worth taking out a group action?

ETA - also reporting to the police as it's theft/fraud .... or even one of the TV programmes who expose people like this.

I know it might sound a bit of a lame idea, but has anybody thought to contact Watchdog? If enough people get involved I'm sure that they'd be interested. They have a lot of researchers and can trace these people and out them publicly, if nothing else it would help to prevent this con happening to anybody else.

Sorry to hear you've suffered the same as myself! I've reported them to the fraud department but I've not received any feed back yet. I think watch dog could be a good shout, I can only imagine there's quite a few others in the same boat who are looking for some answers. I just can't believe they are getting away with this. I would like to know if anyone has been successful in gaining a visa through any of these companies???????

Sorry to hear you've suffered the same as myself! I've reported them to the fraud department but I've not received any feed back yet. I think watch dog could be a good shout, I can only imagine there's quite a few others in the same boat who are looking for some answers. I just can't believe they are getting away with this. I would like to know if anyone has been successful in gaining a visa through any of these companies???????

Can you please keep us posted if/when you do hear anything back? I'm very curious to see what happens with this.

I know it might sound a bit of a lame idea, but has anybody thought to contact Watchdog? If enough people get involved I'm sure that they'd be interested. They have a lot of researchers and can trace these people and out them publicly, if nothing else it would help to prevent this con happening to anybody else.

I don't think that is a lame idea but a very good shout!

Archived