457 Processing Times

@MaggieMay24 you seem quite clued up on these 457's. Are the processed from a different place than the PR and pretty much treated differently. Reason I'm asking as a few friends are waiting on decisions for 189. They called immi today to get an automated message along the lines of 'we have a backlog, if you haven't heard from us by 1st Aug then call back' so was wondering if that would affect 457's as well? Thanks xx

I'm not sure to what extent visas are centralised to certain offices. I've seen information that parent visas go to Perth, but other than that I don't know. I've focused more on getting the information assembled and lodged vs. where they've been processed.

@chris999 what area are you planning to move to as I'm hearing rumours that depending on where you are going also determines how long you wait? I have a friend who is at week 14 for hers, so is very frustrating for her and as I'm only at week 2 now panicking that we may have longer to wait xx

Hey susanbro, coincidently I actually got my visa granted today I woke up to an email stating I had it which was weird. I'm going to Melbourne if that helps? I largely think it has to do with how complete and thorough the submission is and the demand for that area.....

Hey susanbro, coincidently I actually got my visa granted today I woke up to an email stating I had it which was weird. I'm going to Melbourne if that helps? I largely think it has to do with how complete and thorough the submission is and the demand for that area.....

That's amazing Chris well done :) You're about 3 weeks ahead of us. If we have to wait 5 weeks rather than 14 then I'm good with that lol xx

Hi, my company will be sponsoring me within the next month or so. They are already an approved sponsor so hopefully it will be quick, however, they are also adding my de facto partner to it, so whether or not that affects things remains to be seen. I will update the forum with the progress when the process starts.

Hi, my company will be sponsoring me within the next month or so. They are already an approved sponsor so hopefully it will be quick, however, they are also adding my de facto partner to it, so whether or not that affects things remains to be seen. I will update the forum with the progress when the process starts.

I was the defacto partner and my OHs employer has sponsored before and that was 3 weeks for us xx

Archived