Nice family areas in Victoria

andyr001

Hello All!

We are new to this forum and would like a little, friendly advice.

We are in the process of submitting our visas and have started looking at potential areas to move to. We would prefer to be outside of Melbourne itself, more in rural Victoria. We have 5 sons, ranging from 4 weeks old to 12 years old, so would be looking for a family friendly sort of place to live.

I would love a really rural location with some land but my partners fear of spiders has kind of squashed that idea ;-) We do not want rough areas nor areas that are too up market so to speak, just normal and welcoming really.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Hello All!

We are new to this forum and would like a little, friendly advice.

We are in the process of submitting our visas and have started looking at potential areas to move to. We would prefer to be outside of Melbourne itself, more in rural Victoria. We have 5 sons, ranging from 4 weeks old to 12 years old, so would be looking for a family friendly sort of place to live.

I would love a really rural location with some land but my partners fear of spiders has kind of squashed that idea ;-) We do not want rough areas nor areas that are too up market so to speak, just normal and welcoming really.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Hi, We are heading over to Melbourne in October and have researched the country town of Bacchuss Marsh. Its very reasonably priced as far as housing and not too far from the city, please take a look for yourselves.

My pic would be Warrnambool. Nice city, decent size, on the beach. Good sporting teams and culture for the lads. A bit cold in winter but all the other pluses make up for it. Alternatively somewhere on the Mornington peninsula (like the town of Mornington..) if you have to be close to Melbourne.

Most of the work is in Melbourne so most people gravitate to it.

I live on the Mornington Peninsula on acreage and its lovely, close enough to everything I need but have the space as well. Win win.

The hills around Melbourne Dandenong are lovely and leafy and friendly areas. Eltham, Hurstbridge, Yarra Valley all lovely areas to live. If you are a gardener we get more rain in the East than in the west and its generally greener in the east and north east.

Country towns I like are Wangaratta, Albury/Wodonga, Bendigo, why, mainly because they are larger and have everything and if you cannot be near the beach might as well be near the Murray River and the snow fields.

Archived