I am applying for the 457 the 1st week in July, can anyone advise me on how long it takes to be approved, im hoping to go leave for Aus the beginning of September. Am I being too optimistic

It it depends whether your employer is already an approved sponsor and other things. Can take a few weeks to several months.

Hi Lausco

Thats great to hear, I hope thats how it is for me cause I have to hand 8 weeks notice in work and its not leaving me with much time, I`m worried sick and keep pestering HR where im going to be working.

I would not advise that you make any irreversible decisions or plans until the visa is approved.

Do you know if the company is an approved sponsor yet?

Has someone reviewed your matter and advised you of the chance of success?

Yes they are approved, its a hospital in Perth

My 457 was lodged on 23/05.

Still waiting.......

Agent said it could take 2-6 weeks....Im into week 12 now.

Dont bank on anything...

Could be one of the lucky ones and get it within the first few weeks or not....

hi, i'm also having my visa application lodged at the beginning of july. they have told me 3-4 months turnaround. does anyone know if the IELTS test is required for this visa? i've had conflicting responses...

hi, i'm also having my visa application lodged at the beginning of july. they have told me 3-4 months turnaround. does anyone know if the IELTS test is required for this visa? i've had conflicting responses...

I didn't need the ielts. I think that's for the PR visa. Have you got a job sponsor. If so who with

yes, i have a job sponsor, i'm a swim teacher. they have processed quite a few in the past apparently so i am hoping all will go well. just trying to get all the documents together. did your job sponsor provide you with a checklist or did you use the one on the imm.gov website?

Archived