Careers accepted in oz

Ryjean

Hi all,

myself, my wife and our 3 children, 17, 15 and 2 1/2 are looking into the idea of maybe moving to Australia. At the moment we are in the very early stages, mainly internet browsing. Hence coming across this forum. We were hoping some of you kind people could help answer a couple of questions on our likelyhood of being accepted into Australia.

i am 33 and a senior manager at a large signage company, I have 12 years experience with the last 3 in management, qualified to hight school level. My wife is 37 and is a qualified school business manger who at the moment is in a bursar role.

can anyone give a brief outlook on possibilities?

i hope to hear from people soon and look forward to reading all the posts on this site for more info.

Ryan

As @Nickandpaula say, it isn't a fast process. It might be worth investing an a Migration Agent (registered) who could tell you exactly what you need and get the ball rolling for you.

Fortunately for me, I am single and I've been gathering all of my evidence for the past three years. I am just literally waiting to see what the new SOL has to to say before making any submissions.

Best of luck.

Yes our plan was to get the ball rolling before she is 18, like all teenagers I'm sure she will be living off us for a long time yet whether here or in Australia.

i think they have my industry down as sign writing, but that is a bit of a list art now. I have been advised to maybe go down the senior management route. It's all a mine field at the min. Is there any recommended migration companies? What are the charges or is it worth pushing down the sponsored work route?

Well after a lot of emails back and forth it turns out my line of work is on the CSOL and I need to be going down the route of 457 sub class visa. So I basically need to find a sponsor. I presume this means a company sponsor rather than a personal sponsor, does anyone know?

Anyway we are going to keep on trying until we cant try anymore.

Well after a lot of emails back and forth it turns out my line of work is on the CSOL and I need to be going down the route of 457 sub class visa. So I basically need to find a sponsor. I presume this means a company sponsor rather than a personal sponsor, does anyone know?

Anyway we are going to keep on trying until we cant try anymore.

Yes a employer sponsor. But note this is only a temporary visa and no guarantee that it will lead to a permanent visa. Have you checked to see if your occupation is on any of the state sponsorship lists?

I spoke to a migration company, recommended by someone on here and it is down as being required in the northern territory, but not sure about Queensland where we would ideally like to go.

I have applied to a few large Signage and branding companies, but no replies as yet.

Archived