Ielts

Racmac

Racmac, we are not worthy, thank you for lowering yourself to our level and posting here!

Nobody has to sit IELTS however it helps in achieving additional points for your application, 10 or 20 dependant on your score. I'm not sure what you mean by Superior however last time I checked you breath the same air as myself and everybody else on this board. I hope your message is lost in translation otherwise your attitude of being one better than everybody else may mean you will struggle here!

Regarding points, I had my application accepted with 85 points which helped my application pass through quickly, why do people target the 60 points only? Also employers here in Aus do like to see an 8 pass with IELTS especially when like me written English (or Aus) is an important requirement for my job.

S

Racmac, we are not worthy, thank you for lowering yourself to our level and posting here!

Nobody has to sit IELTS however it helps in achieving additional points for your application, 10 or 20 dependant on your score. I'm not sure what you mean by Superior however last time I checked you breath the same air as myself and everybody else on this board. I hope your message is lost in translation otherwise your attitude of being one better than everybody else may mean you will struggle here!

Regarding points, I had my application accepted with 85 points which helped my application pass through quickly, why do people target the 60 points only? Also employers here in Aus do like to see an 8 pass with IELTS especially when like me written English (or Aus) is an important requirement for my job.

S

wow what an incredibly rude message in response to a simple question!

you get marked according to the score you get - you can achieve a result of superior as far as I'm aware.

simple question if I don't have to take the test then do I get points for it.

maybe you should get your head out your own arse and don't presume everyone has the same attitude as you.

Not everybody has to do IELTS, not sure about solicitors being different but I didn't have to as I'm a UK citizen so I'm considered to have at least competent English without having to prove it in a test. But most people do IELTS anyway just to get points towards their visas if they haven't passed the points threshold on their employment history, qualifications or ages alone. You can gain 10 points for scoring 7 or above in all categories or 20 for scoring 8 or above in all categories.

So you can't get points for it unless you take the test, but if you have 60+ points without the IELTS you don't need to do it.

As a solicitor I'm anticipating all 9.0s if you opt to do it. Good luck. :cute:

Not everybody has to do IELTS, not sure about solicitors being different but I didn't have to as I'm a UK citizen so I'm considered to have at least competent English without having to prove it in a test. But most people do IELTS anyway just to get points towards their visas if they haven't passed the points threshold on their employment history, qualifications or ages alone. You can gain 10 points for scoring 7 or above in all categories or 20 for scoring 8 or above in all categories.

As a solicitor I'm anticipating all 9.0s if you opt to do it. Good luck. :cute:

Thank you kindly, that's what I was getting at! So although I might be exempt if may be worth doing if I'm low on points!

not sure on the 9's though!

I am a solicitor and will get exemption from ielts. However how many points does that give me? Would I be classed as superior?

thanks

Hi! As far as i know if you are exempted in ielts you will not get any points from that, if you want to get points then you have to take Ielts test 7 ( proficient) in all bands will give you 10 pts and superiorwhich is 8 in all bands will give you 20 pts :) goodluck

I am a solicitor and will get exemption from ielts. However how many points does that give me? Would I be classed as superior?

thanks

It it only requires a passport from UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand to be exempt from IELTS. Being a solicitor has nothing to do with it.

An exemption means no points though, if you can make 60 without points for English then you are all set.

wow what an incredibly rude message in response to a simple question!

you get marked according to the score you get - you can achieve a result of superior as far as I'm aware.

Rude...no!

Lost in translation...probably.

I would simply highlight my experience that the more points you have then the better and a high IELTS score continues to assist in demonstrating your proficiency in English to potential employers. Your profession although desirable I'm sure is not a given here especially if you need to retrain.

S

Archived